Unable to get stable HTTP connection through VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-07 04:30:06
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20221202 rel.37785(4A50)

As the title suggests, HTTP connections using cisco anyconnect are not stable.

Phenomenon that occurs

・VPN connection is stable

・Only connection using HTTP is unstable

・The HTTP connection stops at intervals of about once every 10 minutes. After that, if I leave it for about 3 minutes, it will be restored.

・If I replace the router with another one, it will stabilize, so there is a high possibility that Archer is the cause.

Tryed

・I tried changing the Archer settings (pass-through, etc.), but no effect

・IPv6 disable

・All ALGs enabled

I'm looking for a problem with similar symptoms and a solution.

Options
3 Reply
Re: Unable to get stable HTTP connection through VPN
2023-05-08 05:59:29

Hello @tapioka 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

I'm wondering how you use the VPN Connection on the AX53. Do you configure and set up the AX53 as a VPN Server? Or you're connecting to a third-party VPN Server on a computer that is connected to the AX53 LAN? If it's the latter, please check and ensure the Passthrough settings (Advanced > Security > ALG) on the AX53 are enabled:

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-13 00:14:19

Hello   @Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply.

I want to connection to a third-party VPN Server on a computer that is connected to the AX53 LAN.

Specifically, it occurs when using the following products.

https://www.cisco.com/c/m/ja_jp/products/security/anyconnect/remote-access-vpn.html

I have already turned on the Passthrough settings you told me, but the same phenomenon occurs.

Options
2023-05-16 06:53:00

@tapioka 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles