Re:Deco X50 5G - Red light issue
2024-02-03 15:47:18
No Pin code issue. Thanks for the advice
Options
2024-02-05 03:50:00

@Marv1n 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

I would like to follow up on your case via email and have sent a beta firmware for Deco X50-5G that might help improve the stability.

Please refer to the email and let me know whether it makes any difference.

Best regards.

Options
2024-02-06 09:07:53

@David-TP Hello,

ok thanks. I'll keep you informed...

Options
2024-02-08 08:03:17

@David-TP  I have the same issue and have started a thread here - https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/654352?page=1

Could I please also receive the beta firmware? 

The internet connects for 5-10 mins max before being kicked off and getting the red light. I've tried a manual profile, an auto profile and all fixes noted on the forums. 

I have also logged an email request, but the auto reply says it's a busy time. At this stage the cheap router provided by the network is more stable. 

Grateful for help. 

Options
2024-02-11 01:42:11

@David-TP Dear David,

after 1 day of operation, the Red Light of the Death came back...... :(

Unfortunately I cannot continue to be a beta tester...

I will send it back to my reseller and get my money back. 

Thanks for your support. 

Options
2024-02-11 10:19:22

I have a Huawei 5G router. Same issue!

The answer is maybe on the comment above. 
It seems there is a global issue with 5G router....

Options
2024-02-26 14:52:59

@David-TP I can go on to be a beta tester for a few days (before I send it back if this is not working). I am in France too and I get a "red light of death" after a few hours. I have kept the box log before the "red light".

I can test the new firmware if it does not brick the DECO.

David-TP wrote

@Marv1n 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

I would like to follow up on your case via email and have sent a beta firmware for Deco X50-5G that might help improve the stability.

Please refer to the email and let me know whether it makes any difference.

Best regards.

Options
2024-02-27 06:02:12

@jcdauchy 

Hi, The firmware has been sent and please let me know whether it helps or not.

Best regards.

Options
2024-02-28 09:09:37

@David-TP @Marv1n and all,

The firmware beta does not help, the symptom is the same:

- The router is showing "Red Light" after a few hours of "blue light", only solution is to reboot the router.

- The router stay in "blue light" and the router logs keeps sending the following messages:

Mon Feb 26 14:59:56 2024 user.err : [simplecom_helper][qeng_servingcell_cmd_handle]:+QENG: NR5G-NSA or NR5G-SA not found.

Mon Feb 26 14:59:56 2024 daemon.err nrd[13034]: wlanifMapToBandwidth: Invalid bandwidth from driver: 3

I am really disappointed, I still have a bit of time before sending back the router, but we don't seem to have support for that. It is weird that it works for some people.

One question: What is the "ISP profile" and how can we get this profile for our ISP ?

Options
2024-02-28 20:39:46 - last edited 2024-02-29 05:47:15

@David-TP 

Well well,

After some investigation - a chat with your help via chat TKID240254413 I can see that this red light issue is exactly I'm facing. For some reason I never got an email to continue the case via email.

Few times a day, a red light death. Reboot may help, power down may help, but once only factory reset and re-installing it - it came back. I've been using the device less than a week in this location and with a brand new SIM card.

I'm in Finland and on a Telia 5G network.

Interestingly there has been a case that the SIM card is not detected. It worked 24h and suddenly it does not - red light death. Once I found the unit working, but the mobile number was missing in the Deco App.

I'm running the latest firmware - there's nothing to update. 

The challenge is that this happens once/twice a day, so even debugging and analyzing all this takes time.

Rgrds, Henrik

EDIT: 29.2.2024 - I got a link to the case TKID240254413. Some further thoughts for your team to consider how to reproduce the issue:

You could stress test the device under conditions there Deco X5-5G makes several transitions from N28 channel to B1 only and back and forth. The issue could be related switching back and forth 5G and 4G FDD-LTE channels.

Another observation I have seen that maybe once in 2d period the Deco is not able anymore to read SIM card information. E.g. "No SIM card detected" or it reads the SIM card but e.g. missing the cell phone number it happened once - but the Deco worked. I would recommend to investigate also a SIM card information "reading function or processes/HW": Anything strange happening there occasionally or somehow related to the fall back from 5G to 4G? I'm asking this because the red light issue is on, I can see sometimes SIM card missing and e.g. removing and re-attaching the SIM card may or may not help.

I started using the Deco just a week ago - but the unit has been purchased in October. I cannot return it back to the reseller... but I am planning to negotiate to get it repalced. If you need a sample unit - I could use a reference to TKID240254413 so you could get a sample unit in your lab.

Options
Related Articles