Tp-link Archer T4U AC1300 Some 5ghz networks don't appear

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-10 17:22:30 - last edited 2023-05-18 09:45:31
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Archer T4U(US)_V3_210802_Win

Hello, I've been using this wifi adapter for a few weeks on a 2.4 ghz network with good results, but I've noticed that a few 5 ghz wifi networks, including mine, don't appear on the list of networks - but many others do.

I've tried reinstalling the newest drivers, uninstalling them and installing the previous Win10 drivers (the ones with WPS button functionality as opposed to the newest ones), then going back to the newest ones, rebooting the router a few times in between (model Kaon CG3000).. but it can't detect my 5ghz network yet.

I've seen that there's a solution that involves changing the router's channel from "Auto" to a specific range, but I can't (don't have permission from my provider to) enter the router's config menu.

Is there any other possible solution? I'm in Argentina, if that's a factor.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tp-link Archer T4U AC1300 Some 5ghz networks don't appear-Solution
2023-05-17 18:45:15 - last edited 2023-05-18 09:45:31

@David-TP 

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I ended up fixing it on my own, it might have been a Windows issue after all, I'm not sure. Here's what I did if anyone needs it:

- Right click on "This PC" > Manage, which opens the Computer Management window.

- Go to the Device Manager option (under System Tools), which will display the list of devices.

- Open the "Network Adapters" drop-down list.

- Right click on the Tp-link Adapter (mine appears as "TP-Link Wireless MU-MIMO USB Adapter") > Properties.

- Go to the "Advanced" tab and, in the Property list, select "Wireless Mode".

- Change the Value to "IEEE 802.11ac" (that is, in order to use 5ghz connections). In my case, the Value was previously set to Auto.

After a few seconds, I checked the wifi list and could now see and connect to the 5ghz network. The adapter works very well.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tp-link Archer T4U AC1300 Some 5ghz networks don't appear
2023-05-16 10:26:15

@DataBoss 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If the issue was really caused by the channel, I don't think any modification to the adapter would help since its channel could not be changed but the router's channel could.

So if possible, I hope you could run the wifi analyzer on the smartphone when it is connected to the ISP router to figure out what is the current 5Ghz channel on the ISP router.

I see you are from Argentina and the adapter would be the EU version. Due to the CE certification, it does not support band 4 if the main router is between 148-173 on 5g channel

Other than that, it is also suggested to install the driver here to see whether it helped with the current issue:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/509006

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Tp-link Archer T4U AC1300 Some 5ghz networks don't appear-Solution
2023-05-17 18:45:15 - last edited 2023-05-18 09:45:31

@David-TP 

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I ended up fixing it on my own, it might have been a Windows issue after all, I'm not sure. Here's what I did if anyone needs it:

- Right click on "This PC" > Manage, which opens the Computer Management window.

- Go to the Device Manager option (under System Tools), which will display the list of devices.

- Open the "Network Adapters" drop-down list.

- Right click on the Tp-link Adapter (mine appears as "TP-Link Wireless MU-MIMO USB Adapter") > Properties.

- Go to the "Advanced" tab and, in the Property list, select "Wireless Mode".

- Change the Value to "IEEE 802.11ac" (that is, in order to use 5ghz connections). In my case, the Value was previously set to Auto.

After a few seconds, I checked the wifi list and could now see and connect to the 5ghz network. The adapter works very well.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tp-link Archer T4U AC1300 Some 5ghz networks don't appear
2023-05-19 05:23:48
If some 5GHz networks do not appear when using the TP-Link Archer T4U AC1300 Wi-Fi adapter, there could be a few potential reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow: Check network compatibility: Ensure that the 5GHz networks you expect to see are indeed operating on channels and standards supported by the Archer T4U AC1300. The adapter supports the 802.11ac standard, so it may not detect networks operating on older or less common 5GHz channels. Verify adapter settings: Open the network adapter settings on your computer and check if the Archer T4U AC1300 is configured to search for and connect to 5GHz networks. Make sure the adapter is not set to only search for 2.4GHz networks. You can usually access the adapter settings through the Control Panel or by right-clicking the network icon in the system tray. Update drivers: Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause issues with network detection. Visit TP-Link's official website and download the latest drivers for the Archer T4U AC1300 that are compatible with your operating system. Install the drivers and restart your computer to ensure the changes take effect. Regards, Rachel Gomez
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 785

Replies: 3

Related Articles