Selecting signal source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Selecting signal source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Selecting signal source
Selecting signal source
2023-05-10 20:10:46
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

I just updated the firmware on my deco system to the latest 1.6.1 version. My app is also updated to the latest version. I did this so I could use the signal select function because my deco's are making a mess of the mesh when they get to connect on their own. So two things happened that are quite strange in my opinion. First the main deco did not update to the latest firmware version. It is still functioning perfecly and working with the other deco's that are updated. Second the function to select the signal does not work via the app. I constantly get the message that it failed to save the settings and tells me to please try again later.

So now I have two questions:

How do I get the main deco to update to the latest firmware version?

Does anyone have experience with the problem i'm running in to with the signal select and have a way to fix it?

My only plausible explenation is that the function is not working because of the failed update on the main deco. But that seems rather odd since it is a local setting on the deco I'm trying to change. 

Thanks ahead for all the tips and advice

Options
1 Reply
Re:Selecting signal source
2023-05-11 02:44:34

@Robert_Schra 

Hi, maybe you could try to log into the web UI of the main Deco M9 plus via http://tplinkdeco.net to manually update the main Deco.

If possible, you could try to temporarily unplug the satellite M9 plus and leave the main Deco only.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2641/

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 403

Replies: 1

Related Articles