[EasyMesh] AX55 not able to set as Satelite

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-12 18:06:56
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20230304 rel.60634(4555)

Hi,

I want to set up my AX55 as a Satellite Router so my Archer MR600 can be the Main Router.

When I selected the Satellite Router on the Change mode pop-up window, Advanced > EsyMesh > Change mode, and confirmed the change on the following window, the process seemed to start.

However, when the bar reaches 100% and an "operation succeed" message appears. If I refresh the page, the system initiates the initial setup requesting a new Admin password. 

The router returns to the factory settings, and the EasyMesh mode gets back to Router.

Options
4 Reply
Re:[EasyMesh] AX55 not able to set as Satelite
2023-05-12 20:40:30

@AlejandroCF 

Hi,

Yes, that's how it works. It is the same behavior on my Archer C64 router.

I guess that selecting "Change Mode" -> "Satellite Router" -> [CHANGE] is effectively the same thing as performing a Factory Reset, either via the webpage or by pressing and holding the physical reset button.
(it's actually kind of hinted at during the "Add Satellite" process)

After doing the reset (or "mode change") just refrain from setting up a router password on the router that is to become a Satellite. Instead you go directly to the Main Router and add the Satellite router to the EasyMesh network from there. (provided the Main Router actually supports EasyMesh)

Options
2023-05-15 06:29:41

@AlejandroCF 

I would probably agree with woozle that the operation may be considered as a reset.

But I would like to point out Archer MR600 doesn't support EasyMesh if I'm not misunderstanding. It's not showing up in the EasyMesh product list. If it doesn't support EasyMesh, you cannot add the AX55 as the EasyMesh satellite.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-05-26 03:14:08

HI @Liverpool20 , Thank you for your message.

MR600 is actually a One Mesh device but AX55 is listed here https://www.tp-link.com/es/onemesh/product-list/ , as a compatible device. Nevertheless, after several tests, I am inclined to think they are not compatible.

If someone has been able to configure them together, I would appreciate any further support.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-26 03:48:14

@AlejandroCF 

Hi, Archer MR600 and AX55 supports OneMesh, but MR600 doesn't support EasyMesh.

Please kindly note that OneMesh doesn't support Router-Router networking, we could only create OneMesh network between router and extenders such as range extender or powerline extender, but two routers cannot create OneMesh network. 

Please refer to the "Q3. What is the difference between EasyMesh, OneMesh™, and Deco Mesh?" in the following thread:

What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 668

Replies: 4

Related Articles