Alarm went off middle of the night

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-12 20:23:37
Tags: #alarm

My C200 alarm went off in the middle of the night, and I had never set up the alarm before. It scared me a lot and was VERY loud.

I had to go into the app and disable, but I have never set up my alarm before to go off when it detects motion. Is this a bug?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Alarm went off middle of the night
2023-05-15 11:17:46

@jt148293 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. Did you check the Alarm settings when this issue happen? Did you share the TP-Link account or share this camera to someone else?

You can check if you have switched the Home/Away mode that day, it allows users to customize different motion detection settings. 

For your account safety, we highly recommend enabling the Tapo 2FA feature and checking if there is any unauthorized trusted device. Try to change the TP-Link account password to increase the account security level. Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options