Deco has temporarily switched your Wi-FI channel width to 80 MHz due to detected radar signals.

Deco has temporarily switched your Wi-FI channel width to 80 MHz due to detected radar signals.

65 Reply
Re:Deco has temporarily switched your Wi-FI channel width to 80 MHz due to detected radar signals.
2024-04-01 00:06:54

@IntrovertSins you might want to check that you are getting 160Mhz.

The ASUS does have an option to select 160Mhz and another to allow DFS channels.

But if you enable using DFS channels and radar is detected or if it's disabled and there aren't 8 contiguous channels it will silently drop to 80Mhz.

That's becuase, like the TP Link device, it must comply with wireless regulator requirements in the given region.

There may be a bug with the TP Link devices detecting radar signals, I don't know ...

Options
Re:Deco has temporarily switched your Wi-FI channel width to 80 MHz due to detected radar signals.
2024-05-02 13:54:24

This is the dumbest least useful terrible feature. I have problems on most Zoom calls now and it's always this incredibly stupid feature I can't turn off.

Makes the Deco system utterly annoying for day to day work. If you live in an urban environment, there is radar everywhere. 

Options
2024-05-02 14:58:08

And wow, I am now on with tp-link support and the (supposedly) live agent is asking me to send him a video of my using their app to switch 80 to 160 mhz

Options
2024-05-02 20:59:13

@OriginalLimey Because they don't believe you that it does this?

Options
Thursday

How is it more than a year and this issue isn't fixed?

It happens ALL THE TIME.   

If I could return this garbage, I would...  in fact, I may push the reseller to take it back.

By the way... has anybody else noticed that the speed test is BS?   It's a test between the modem and the router only.   My internet was degraded to 500mbps and the Deco was still showing 2.25Gbps up and down.

Options