Chosing band manual not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-16 07:52:15 - last edited 2023-05-16 08:31:10
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220307 Rel.60743n

The ability to select bands are in the GUI but time to time the internet is slow and I go check the router it has changed band to something i did not select...

For me band 38 is the best and 1 is the slowest. about 100mbit on 38 and 1-5mbit on other bands...

Why is the router changing bands on its own when I checked the bands to be selected?

If i reboot it reconnects to 38 with 100% signal strength..

I discovered this was a known problem for v1 and v2 hardware and you can download beta-firmware for this to work.. But with V3 there is no firmware upgrade...?

This router was way to expensive to have this kind of issue for this kind of basic feature... 120$ in the drain?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Chosing band manual not working
2023-05-17 01:52:10

@Juulis 

Hi, based on the screenshot, only band 38 is selected manually, please note that the band selection is for 4G network instead of 3G.

Network mode is set to 4G Preferred, which means it will fall back to 3G when 4G signal is lost, as you can see, when the band shows 1 on Status page, the network type shows WCDMA which is actually 3G network, so it is normal that the band changes since it is not 4G network any more.

If you would like to use 4G network only, please change Network Mode to 4G Only on Advanced->Network->Internet page.

Please kindly note that if when using 4G only, if the 4G signal is too weak or no signal, internet will stop working.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 1

Related Articles