My network blocks a computer.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-16 19:03:16
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I have a wifi mesh working fine. A few weeks ago, I blocked my kid's access to internet in his desktop. In the meantime, we changed the router from a TP-LINK to a different one because we switched from a 4G SIM to a 5G SIM and the provider included a 5G compatible router with the deal. Now, I cannot find a way to allow my kid's computer access the internet. It is pluged into the Deco unit but I cannot see it in the Deco App. Any idea of how could I get things back to normal?

THanks!!!

Jordi

Options
3 Reply
Re:My network blocks a computer.
2023-05-17 05:54:53

@JordiPT 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know how you blocked the Kid's computer on the original TP-Link router?

On the Deco APP, if you go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>Operation mode, is Decp E4 working in Access Point mode or wireless router mode?

Please also go to Deco APP>More>Block List to see whether there is any device in the Block List?

Wait for the reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-17 07:57:54

@David-TP 

Thanks a lot David.

In fact, I just found where the problem was and, obviously, it was just my fault. I couldn't remember that there was a blocked devices list in a the place you just mention. It was somehow hidden to me.

Let me ask you something else, is there a place with a "proper" FAQ or simple tutorial as to how to set up the Deco's. For instance, I do not fully understand the difference between the modes of managing the mesh (AP or other), I do not know why I am not able to see all devices pluged into a switch... so I feel I am missing something and the FAQ list is quite general and limited.

Again, thanks for your help!

Jordi

Options
2023-05-19 08:25:36 - last edited 2023-05-19 08:26:20

@JordiPT Hi, Actually there are plenty of FAQs about Deco but it seems lacking of a logical guide to locate the proper FAQ. I often search via the keywords to find the FAQ I want.

As for the difference between AP and WiFi routers, please refer to this link:

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

As for the client list issue, you could have a look at this link:

Deco App Not showing devices

If your case is not included, it is suggested to submit the APP log first so that we could check it case by case.

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options