Deco App Not showing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-05 04:27:27 - last edited 2022-07-12 06:17:54
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Most Recent

Deco app does not show any active connected devices, WiFi and network seem to be operating as normal. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco App Not showing devices -Solution
2022-02-07 05:54:12 - last edited 2023-02-02 07:14:09

Update:

Case One: 

When Deco units are on Ethernet Backhaul via a Network switch, the client devices connected to the same switch still have internet access but show up as offline on the deco app.

The solution could be found here: Static IP clients and other devices on switch showing offline

Case Two:

If the whole online client list is blank, please send us a picture of the online client list together with the APP feedback.

23832c20e8074468b0341b3b2a73e5d8

Solution:

• The official firmware 1.6.5 has fixed this issue already, and please make sure your Deco is up to date:

Deco M5-1.6.5 build20230110

• If your model is not Deco M5, please comment below with the current model number as well as the hardware and firmware version.

Case Three:

Only "Advanced" and "Manager"options are available on the Deco APP.

The Solution could be found here: Only the Advanced and Manager features show up on the Deco app

Recommended Solution
Options
74 Reply
Re:Deco App Not showing devices
2020-04-06 19:52:55

@ElsonThomas 

Do the client devices each have a static IP?

Reboot just the main Deco to see if the app displays the connected devices.

Is the Deco running in AP Mode or Router mode? If you go into the advanced options the opreation mode should show.

If possible please, factory reset the Deco device to see if the connected devices come back. If they do, what last happened before the issue happened?

Options
2020-05-13 22:48:43

@ElsonThomas I am having the same issue, but with a P9 Home network.  My network and wifi seems to be functioning but my Deco app does not show any devices connected.  I have tried rebooting, removing, reinstalling, deleting/reinstalling iphone app.  I even deleted and recreated my network.  I am thinking this is a firmware issue or an Deco app version issue.  Tech support (in broken written English) only suggested to 'live with it' or repeat my above already attempted steps.  Keep me updated

Options
2020-05-21 17:31:16

@swady6 - same here. i actually see up to 10 devices but no more. I hope this is resolved soon otherwise I can't see all devices for setting parental controls. For a router to advertise up to 100 devices but doesn't allow you to manage them is unacceptable. 

Options
2020-05-28 14:56:39

@swady6 I'm experiencing the exact same issue with my Deco M4 mesh system. WiFi appears to be working fine, but my app doesn't show any devices. I've uninstalled/reinstall the app, rebooted each Deco. The app never refreshes to show devices. The only thing I haven't done is reset to factory default.

I'll be interested to hear what TP-Link has to say.

Options
2020-05-29 16:55:44

@Michael_Folland 

Factory defaulting every device by holding the rest for one second has been reported by other users as resolving it.

Options
2020-07-13 20:19:25

@ElsonThomas   I have the same issue with a Deco P9 set.  When i first set it up everything was normal but about 1-2 months ago the connected devices just disappeared and I have done every reset/reboot/rebuild I can think of with no results.  Fortunately, the network is functioning well.

Options
2020-07-14 11:59:49

Hello,

same problem.

Tp Link should solve it quickly so the devices are not usable.

Options
2020-07-21 01:35:28

@PDXJD 

A quick update, for the past week I have been working  with a set of technical reps from Tp-Link on thisi issue.

They asked me several sets of questions and also wanted screen shots from my phone.  They sent a "unreleased" firmware set and asked meto install tt to see if it 

fixed the problem.  It didn't.  They asked me to install a "debug" firmware set which initially failed but after a revision to correct a release number that could be installed

I finished the install.  Yesterday evening at 6:00 PM they were suoposed to connect with me to again try a terminal link so they could run the system and see what it was

doing.  They did not appear nor have they appeared today.  The bottom line is that I ahve a 5 month old P9 Deco set aht does not work to sped and it contains an untested firmware release that in inheritantly less secure since it is a debug code.  I sent them another email today to ask for help to restore my wifi.

Options
2020-07-21 01:37:01

@PDXJD Sorry for the terrible typing.  I'm really not happy with TP-Link and I'm not handling it very well.

Options
2020-07-21 15:45:25

Not sure if it helps at all, but I had the same problem with my P9s and not being able to see the devices connected. I just happened to open to the app while on mobile data only, and all of a sudden the devices all appeared. Not ideal I know but may get around the issue until TP-Link can fix it? 

Options