Slow speed on main mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow speed on main mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow speed on main mesh
Slow speed on main mesh
2023-05-19 09:40:09
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 10.15

hi- first regarding "hardware version" - not 100% sure that is correct.  

i have a 1000 mbps fiber optic internet connection and 3 x60 mesh setup.  i have an access point setup so each one connects via the Ethernet

when my iPhone SE is near the main one which is connected directly to the router the internet can drop in the middle and the speed reaches around 60-80.   when i do the speedtest near the other two meshes the speed will reach 700+. 

the led is green for the main one.  I tried changing Ethernet ports on the router.   there is another device nearby for the TV and i tried disconnecting that.   the speed remain very low. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow speed on main mesh
2023-05-22 11:39:27

@slomfam 

Hi, do you mean that only the wireless clients wirelessly connected to the main Deco had a slow speed?

If yes, could you please refer to this link to change a different Deco as the main Deco:

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Slow speed on main mesh
2023-05-23 06:24:19

@David-TP  Thanks for responding and sending the link.

in fact  - i had it wired incorrectly.   So i corrected it to this:

however ... now my main mesh is working well - at 800+ but the other two are slow  ( between 60-100).

I have changed cables, ports, etc.  Everything connected to the router works well except the two Deco messhes that are connected to the main Deco mesh.

Any ideas? 

David-TP wrote

@slomfam 

Hi, do you mean that only the wireless clients wirelessly connected to the main Deco had a slow speed?

If yes, could you please refer to this link to change a different Deco as the main Deco:

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 2

Related Articles