Does TP-Link Archer T9UH - ARCHER T9UH support monitoring mode and packet injection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Does TP-Link Archer T9UH - ARCHER T9UH support monitoring mode and packet injection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-21 13:05:35 - last edited 2023-05-21 13:07:02

Hello! Can someone tell me if TP-Link Archer T9UH - ARCHER T9UH supports monitoring mode and packet injection?

I'm looking for a good WiFi adapter that supports those modes and can be used for wireless security tests. The support of the online shop I plan to buy the adapter from told me this adapter supports monitoring mode and packet injection, while other people, including ChatGPT, told me it doesn't.

What is the truth?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Does TP-Link Archer T9UH - ARCHER T9UH support monitoring mode and packet injection?
2023-05-22 11:26:30

@AnotherUser7 

Hi, welcome to the community.

the chipset of Archer T9UH is RTL8814AU and the chipset itself supports monitor mode. But The official driver for Linux kernel only supports Linux kernel 2.6.18 ~ 4.4.6.

You might need to search for a suitable driver from third-party platforms, like Github.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Does TP-Link Archer T9UH - ARCHER T9UH support monitoring mode and packet injection?
2023-05-23 20:05:05
In other words, the adapter can support monitoring mode and packet injection, but those modes aren't officially supported, meaning I have to use non-official drivers?
Options
2023-05-24 01:48:22 - last edited 2023-05-24 02:15:35

@AnotherUser7 

Hi, yes, you are right.

And it is not just for Archer T9UH. It is also suitable for other TP-Link wireless adapters on Linux operation Systems.

So as for your new post here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/610002, there hasn't been a suitable driver for Kali Linux kernel higher than 4.4.6.

As for Windows, there is no direct command to check or turn on monitor mode on the Wi-Fi Card. Some software like the old tool Microsoft Network Monitor that is in the archival state now needs to be installed first. Moreover, the current official driver from TP-Link did not support Monitor mode on Windows 10/11. So you might still need to search for a third-party driver.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3841

Replies: 3