Archer A6 not working as wifi extender after power failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-25 04:13:23 - last edited 2023-06-08 07:29:48
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Archer A6(US)_V3_211118

Since I've bought this model i have to reset this router after power failure as it refuses to connect to parent modem. It doesn't connect and even i cannot login and change settings. I've been through forums and did everything mentioned but it still didn't connect. Requesting TP-link to update the firmware or replace the device please. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A6 not working as wifi extender after power failure-Solution
2023-06-08 06:42:22 - last edited 2023-06-08 07:29:48

@RishiS 

Hello, may I know the model number of your main router? And is the main router using fixed channel on both 2.4GHz band and 5GHz band?

One possible reason is that the main router is using automatic channel, thus it might change its Wi-Fi channel after a power failure or reboot, but the Archer A6 still uses the previous channel, which results in the failure of wireless connection between them.

Therefore, please try to change the Wi-Fi channel of your main router to be fixed one for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi, for example, set channel 1, 6 or 11 for 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:Archer A6 not working as wifi extender after power failure
2023-05-25 14:22:01

RishiS wrote

Since I've bought this model i have to reset this router after power failure as it refuses to connect to parent modem. It doesn't connect and even i cannot login and change settings. I've been through forums and did everything mentioned but it still didn't connect. Requesting TP-link to update the firmware or replace the device please. 

And mind you, i did exactly the same as mentioned in this forum https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/574470?replyId=1123652 by @Samwise 

Options
2023-05-26 01:57:39

@RishiS 

Hello, do you mean you have to factory reset and reconfigure the Archer A6 to connect your router WiFi again after power failure? or just a reboot?

Please restart your main router only to see if the issue can be reproduced easily. 

In addition, you mentioned that you are unable to login the management page to change any settings, may I know the IP address of your main router, IP address of the Archer A6? and please also check the IP address of your computer when it is connected to the Archer A6 when the issue happens. We need to check if the computer still obtains any valid IP address and whether it is in the same subnet as the Archer A6.

You could refer to this FAQ to find the IP address of your computer: How to find IP address on your devices

Options
2023-05-26 03:59:52

Sunshine wrote

@RishiS 

Hello, do you mean you have to factory reset and reconfigure the Archer A6 to connect your router WiFi again after power failure? or just a reboot?

Please restart your main router only to see if the issue can be reproduced easily. 

In addition, you mentioned that you are unable to login the management page to change any settings, may I know the IP address of your main router, IP address of the Archer A6? and please also check the IP address of your computer when it is connected to the Archer A6 when the issue happens. We need to check if the computer still obtains any valid IP address and whether it is in the same subnet as the Archer A6.

You could refer to this FAQ to find the IP address of your computer: How to find IP address on your devices

@Sunshine I have to reset, as non of the devices are able to connect to the router through wifi. 
I've restarted it multiple times in past 7 months but nothing happened, till the time its connected through LAN, it works fine, but if you use it as extender this issue occurs everytime there is a powerfailure/or you switch it off and back on. 

IP ADDRESS of ARCHER A6 - 192.168.29.2 (Have tried changing the last digit randomly to many other numbers, but no help)

Default address of the Main router - 192.168.29.1 

One thing ive surely noticed, when you connect it through LAN Cable, it works perfectly fine. But after i shifted to my new home, i dont have a 10 meter long lan cable to connect it to main routersmiley

Options
2023-05-28 03:22:02

TP-Link engineers should update the firmware on priority, this is really annoying every time to reset after the power cut. I HOPE WE WILL RECIEVE A UPDATE SOON!!!

Options
2023-06-03 14:15:00

@Sunshine is there any plan for update, or shall i throw this in junk? Kinldy let me know. 

Options
2023-06-03 14:37:51

@RishiS 

Hi,

It doesn't mention your particular problem in the list of bug fixes, but there is a newer firmware version available than the one you entered in the header of this post.

Sometimes firmware updates may actually contain additional fixes that are not mentioned.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-a6/v3/#Firmware

Options
2023-06-04 00:49:14

@woozle i've reset tge router nth time, updated with US firmware on it even though i stay in India. Changed the setting for it to work as a wifi extender. No device is able to connect to it when i switch it off and back on. 

So many people have reported it, but no work around or update is available for this problem. 

Options
2023-06-08 03:47:04

@RishiS I request to the engineers back at Tp-Link to kinldy check A6-V3 and sort this out at the earliest. Forum is filled with the same model having connection issues it surely some issue with firmware. Please do the needful at the earliest.

Options
Re:Archer A6 not working as wifi extender after power failure-Solution
2023-06-08 06:42:22 - last edited 2023-06-08 07:29:48

@RishiS 

Hello, may I know the model number of your main router? And is the main router using fixed channel on both 2.4GHz band and 5GHz band?

One possible reason is that the main router is using automatic channel, thus it might change its Wi-Fi channel after a power failure or reboot, but the Archer A6 still uses the previous channel, which results in the failure of wireless connection between them.

Therefore, please try to change the Wi-Fi channel of your main router to be fixed one for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi, for example, set channel 1, 6 or 11 for 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-06-08 07:07:15

@Sunshine Well main router is, JIO Fibres dual band router. I just changed the frequency on both the routers to 80 Mhz and channel to 44. I hope this will work on 5ghz band. will update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 715

Replies: 12

Related Articles