Archer T2U Plus AC600 can't find 5GHz wireless network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-30 17:54:13
Tags: #5Ghz
Model: Archer T2U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm sharing the Internet connection from a Samsung A51 mobile phone with a Windows desktop computer that has the Archer T2u Plus installed. In the mobile phone I have the option to share a 2.4 GHz or 5Ghz connection. With 2.4GHz the wireless network is discovered by the computer and everything goes well. With the 5GHz option the wireless network doesn't appear.

I've seen a thread where is suggested to change the adapter wireless mode to IEEE 802.11ac, but it doesn't fixed the issue for me.

Can someone help me?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T2U Plus AC600 can't find 5GHz wireless network
2023-06-01 07:25:17

@jtelo 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Please update the driver here to see whether it helped:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/509006

And could you please also download the Wi-Fi analyzer or Ubiquiti WiFiman to check the current wireless channel of the 5Ghz hotspot?

Please also check whether your Archer T2U plus is EU or US version.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Archer T2U Plus AC600 can't find 5GHz wireless network
2023-06-15 09:38:35

There are a few reasons why your Archer T2U Plus AC600 might not be able to find a 5GHz wireless network. Here are some things you can check:

1. Make sure that your router is broadcasting a 5GHz signal. Not all routers do this, so you'll need to check your router's settings to make sure that it is enabled.
  2. Make sure that your Archer T2U Plus AC600 is properly installed and that the drivers are up to date. You can download the latest drivers from the TP-Link website.
  3. Try restarting your router and your computer. This can sometimes clear up any temporary problems that may be preventing your computer from seeing the 5GHz signal.
  4. If you're still having problems, you can try contacting TP-Link support for assistance.

Regards,
James

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 2

Tags

5Ghz