Deco X20-DSL Cant set connection preferences

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-09 00:38:41
Tags: #deco connection preferences
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

As stated in the title, Deco X20-DSL cant set connection preferences.

Example: I've got a standard VDSL modem with 6 x M5 connected and in the deco app I can force them to use 5ghz and select which deco connects to which deco as well as force clients to connect to certain deco and either 2.4 or 5ghz.

Problem: I added a x20-dsl (not as modem, just as a satellite) and all the above settings were removed from the app so I lost all preferences. I cant change what connects to what or what band to use anymore on any of my decos.

Further: So I "removed" the x20-dsl from the app and my option to set connection prefs came back immediately! I added the x20 back and theyre gone again!

Ideally I want to set the x20dsl to take over as the modem and then connect the m5s to it but if I cant change connection preferences then theirs no point.

Anyone else have this issue?

App and ALL Decos are on the very latest firmware & software versions.

Thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20-DSL Cant set connection preferences
2023-06-09 04:48:05

@Decodude2023 It's not an issue..Deco x20-DSL doesn't support that feature yet, so adding it (as main or satellite) to a set of Deco models which supports "connection preference" will result in the feature being removed

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:Deco X20-DSL Cant set connection preferences
2023-06-09 05:19:07

@ImtiazAli It's kinda an issue to me as the 2.4g is garbage haha. Without forced 5ghz, our decos love to sit on the slower band.

But thanks for clarifying as I couldnt find out anywhere it the feature was supported or not. Kinda sucks though as the M5s are great with connection prefs.

Cheers

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 386

Replies: 2

Tags

deco connection preferences
Related Articles