Getting speed less than 1mbps on Archer c6 mimo 1200mbps router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-10 15:16:21
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 4.0

2 days ago i brought Archer c6 Mu-mimo 1200mbps from flipkart. after installation and setup completed i am only getting  mbps download speed.i have 30mbps plan. on speedtest and other speed test apps download speed showing less that 1 mbps and upload speed arround 10 to 15mbps. i have checked with other single band router on same connection,that routr giving proper 30mbps speed.also getting proper 30mbps speed on direct lan connect.also i have updated it to latest version.i have called tp link cc and my isp as well but failed to resolve issue.my isp told me that my new c6 router is faulty and asked me to change it. so kindly help me if someone knows solution.

Thank you 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Getting speed less than 1mbps on Archer c6 mimo 1200mbps router
2023-06-12 06:12:30

@Vinay007 

Hi, do you mean the wireless internet speed is less than 1Mbps download on the Archer C6? How about wired speed if you connect a computer to the Archer C6 via Ethernet cable?

If wired speed is normal, only wireless speed is too slow, please make sure you are located 2-3 meters away from the router and test the speed again with only one device connected, if it is still so slow, please check the wireless link speed:

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

In addition, please also try to change Wi-Fi channel and channel width on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page to see if it helps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options