Tapo T100 to Switch only between Sunset and Sunrise

2023-06-17 06:48:43 - last edited 2023-12-19 02:39:37

I would like to switch lights between Sunset and Sunrise only using the Tapo T100, motion sensor. 

How can this be achieved? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo T100 to Switch only between Sunset and Sunrise-Solution
2023-06-20 10:26:33 - last edited 2024-01-29 08:42:58

@IanKeo 

Sunrise and sunset can be selected for the effective time of automation rules. Simply create an automation that you want and set the effective time between sunset and sunrise, you're all set!

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo T100 to Switch only between Sunset and Sunrise-Solution
2023-06-20 10:26:33 - last edited 2024-01-29 08:42:58

@IanKeo 

Sunrise and sunset can be selected for the effective time of automation rules. Simply create an automation that you want and set the effective time between sunset and sunrise, you're all set!

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo T100 to Switch only between Sunset and Sunrise
2023-12-17 03:27:20

@IanKeo  yes it is possible to only have the sensor work between certain times. On the Tapo app, the bottom bar has a cube symbol (called 'smart'), choose that and then there on the top you have {Routine Actions, Shortcuts, Automation) choose 'Automation'. When on there click on the + [plus sign at the right top corner) then choose 'Automation' from the menu that pops up from the + sign. 
in New Automation the 1st thing to do is to +Add Trigger, follow to Add 'Trigger Time' you have options to set a sunrise, sunset or custom time. ( I wanted my motion sensor to start working from 4:30pm, when it is getting dark at the moment). (Click done) you can also choose the days below the times (after clicking done ...go to Add trigger (below the set time).. after you will have a trigger device option (in my case I chose the motion sensor you can chose anything else), after all this click Done (again) then you get to 'Add Action'  I chose the 'Control Smart Devices' (turn on the lamp when sensor is triggered, for example). Click done (again)  then 'Next' to name your automation  and under the 'effective time' choose a time you want it to run...  you can have a custom time too ... after all this click save and fingers crossed that it will work. Hope this helps. (You can turn on and off the automations  and even delete them by swiping them to the left. 

Options
2024-01-27 14:24:54 - last edited 2024-01-27 14:26:08

Can please someone tell me how to program between sunset and sunrise?

I live in Brussels +1

I now have a specific program between the hours I choose, but it would be nice if the program knows automatic the hours in my region and I don't have to modify everytime the hours in my specific program when it gets early morning and later evening light.

Thank You!

Options
2024-01-29 08:44:18

@thommypan 

Check out the Recommended Solution in this thread, it's been updated!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 740

Replies: 4

Related Articles