Internet and LAN on single interface?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-23 16:52:22
Model: Deco XE200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

Is there a way to serve both the WAN and LAN from a single interface?

I want to use the 10G interface on my Deco XE200 to connect to my 10G switch and from there use vlan tagging to have 2 vlans sent towards the router, one for WAN (connection from ONT will be on the switch) and one for LAN.

I have a 3Gbps Internet connection and want to do away with the ISP's provided router due to its limitations in features/functionality and use my Deco instead.

I doubt it's possible but thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet and LAN on single interface?
2023-06-25 11:37:29

@cemal87 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

The Ethernet ports on Deco are unable to distinguish different VLAN data, and I don't think what you wish to do is able to be accomplished on Deco.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Internet and LAN on single interface?
2023-06-25 12:44:23

@David-TP 

Thanks for the reply,

For a powerful 'router' it seems like there is literally nothing that is remotely useful that is configurable besides plug and play, its quite disappointing really.

A 10G interface that can only be used for WAN or LAN but can not be used for both to provide internet and backhaul between other mesh devices or general LAN purposes.

The functionality/possibility is there based on the VLAN/IPTV setting to distinguish for IPTV but that can't be expanded upon to general VLAN functionality.

Between this and the lack of being able to turn off NAT I think this will be returned.

I know it's not your fault but it's very frustrating.

Options