Can I use PX50 with existing Powerline TL-WPA8630P kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-26 20:48:56
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2.32-00_801132_17067_902

I have an existing 8630P kit which is working with a WPA8631 kit. After upgrading to full fibre broadband with BT using a Smart Hub 2 the wifi is dropping out more frequently than previously (with a DSL Fritzbox router). I was thinking of buying the PX50 kit for WiFi 6 but wondered if it would be complatible with the existing powerline adpators. I know I will not get WiF6 with existing units but as they work well in locations where I want ethernet connections (TV, Bluray, Sky, Desktop x 2, plus laptop) I don't want to necessarily replace those. Also, I like the fact that they are compact and don't take up space in the locations where I want a hard-wired connection. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I use PX50 with existing Powerline TL-WPA8630P kit
2023-06-27 08:45:49

@Josh168 

Hi, do you mean Deco PX50?

Please note that Deco products that supports powerline/PLC backhaul can only build the PLC Backhaul connection with other Deco products that adopt the same powerline standard, it doesn't support to build powerline network with other powerline adapter/extenders.

Therefore, if you replace your router with Deco PX50, the current powerline adapter still needs to connect to the new Deco router via Ethernet cable to receive internet access.

For more questions about the Deco powerline or PLC backhaul, please refer to: General Questions about the Powerline or PLC Backhaul Feature of Deco

If you have any further question with the Deco product, please start a new thread under Deco product section: Deco Forums

Options
Re:Can I use PX50 with existing Powerline TL-WPA8630P kit
2023-06-27 21:33:40

@Sunshine thank you for your reply. Yes I was referring to the Deco PX50 but use a BT Smarthub 2 router for full fibre. It sounds like I would need to replace all the existing powerline adapters with Deco ones. I may need to consider a couple of additional powerline extenders instead rather than replace all of my existing ones. Unfortunately the WiFi on these is not great but they work well with ethernet connections.

Options