Internet dropping deco s4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-27 13:41:27
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 20220113

I've got my Deco S4 mesh system connected to a Virgin Media media router (set in modem mode) - recently I've been experiencing loss of internet for periods of 1min or less (but enough to kick you out of any systems that you may be logged in to). Virgin have been out and replaced all of our equipment and tested the signal and claim that all is good, however the problem persists- I've got two questions

1. is there a report available from Deco which will confirm the outages?

2. Has anyone else experienced this, and could it be the mesh system causing the issue? firmware updates??

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet dropping deco s4
2023-06-28 09:36:06

@GregJam 

Hi, welcome to the community.

You could try to check the system logs on the web UI-http://tplinkdeco.net.

Normally it would record as link down and link up. But it did not record what caused the link down.

Have you seen the main Deco S4 turn solid red during the disconnection?

It is also suggested to unplug the main Deco when the internet dropped out and connect a computer to the Virgin modem, then check whether the computer could still get an internet connection.

And There hasn't been a new firmware update to Deco S4 and I don't think it might be related to firmware updates.

If possible, I think you could revert the Virgin Media router back to modem router mode but disable Virgin Wi-Fi; then set Deco S4 in Access Point mode to provide the Mesh Network around the house:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Internet dropping deco s4
2023-06-30 11:43:37

@GregJam I am a Virgin Media customer as well and am experiencing this currently and have experienced this in the past. I very much suspect it is their issue. Have you set to a BQM to monitor your connection? I also use a browser extension that is constantly checking for an internet connection and reports any outages 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 2

Related Articles