clients keeps on getting disconnect from AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-28 15:00:50
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hey guys can anyone help me out here. I have a ER605 + OC200 + SG2008P + EAP610 outdoor + EAP225 outdoor these are my setup and some of them are in MESH mode but my main AP is the EAP610 surrounding it is the EAP225 some are close and some are quite far. like the EAP225 some are within 60-120m but i notice that the closer they are to my MAIN AP the more they are getting disconnected. is it because they are constantly changing on which AP they lock on to? should i stop broadcast SSID on my main AP (EAP610)

BTW. I use the hotspot settings and my  clients are using voucher to access the internet. I just know the basic stuff about the omada since im just a beginner and would really appreciate if any of you guys can help me out thanks 

Options
3 Reply
Re:clients keeps on getting disconnect from AP
2023-06-29 02:08:03

@Eisen We have seen other setups have issues when the 610 is the root (wired) node.  Swap the 610 out with a 225 and see if the behaviour improves.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-07-07 03:08:20

Hello @Eisen,

Eisen wrote

but my main AP is the EAP610 surrounding it is the EAP225 some are close and some are quite far. like the EAP225 some are within 60-120m but i notice that the closer they are to my MAIN AP the more they are getting disconnected.

Could you check the Signal Strength on the Client Details window at this moment?

Have you tried to set the RSSI Threshold on the EAP Details window like below:

You may refer to this FAQ to optimize the network either.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-09 10:12:08

Same issue here.

TP-Link Engineer accessed my network for about 2 hours and didn't find any wrong in my configuration.

The problem is still there until now and I can't start my voucher based business until now for almost a year already.

Looking forward for the engineers to fix this issue

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 3

Related Articles