VPN and traffic monitoring Features

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-02 07:09:20
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.0 Build 230516 Rel.36534n(4555)

I was using Archer C6 from long time, After the release of its hardware version 4.0, VPN Server and Traffic monitoring are not available. Even I updated today to the new version (last version) still not get the above mentioned function.

Is there any way I can downgrade to old version having those functions, Kindly assist.

Options
5 Reply
Re:VPN and traffic monitoring Features
2023-07-02 10:57:38

@Jdhn 

@terziyski 

Kindly take a look on my previous post and revert.

Options
2023-07-02 15:49:13 - last edited 2023-07-02 15:50:14

@Jdhn 

Unfortunately, you need an answer from a TP-Link representative to your questions.

I know that TFTP recovery method is used to revert to an older FW release, but this should be confirmed by TP-Link official before you attempt such an action.

Best approach - contact your local tech support and ask them what you can do.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-07-02 19:20:18

@Jdhn 

You may want to clarify whether you are talking about up- and downgrading one older Archer C6 router model or if you mean that you own two Archer C6 routers, one older model which supports VPN and Traffic Monitoring and another newer V4 model that doesn't have these features.

If the latter was the case, then the only way to "downgrade" the C6 V4 would be to return the Archer C6 V4 to the store you bought it from and then see if you can maybe find another store that still has some leftover Archer C6 V3 in stock.

Options
2023-07-03 06:15:18

@woozle 

Dear You are right for what I mean to say.

But downgrading is not accepting by the newest hardware version that is V4.0.

I just want anyone from TP-link to response so I can take some action in this matter.

Also in-stock not available the same model with earlier version.

Options
2023-07-03 06:18:37

@StrangeWhiteOwl 

Ok, noted!

If I am agreeing with your opinion, What about the new models from the same Archer series supporting the same features with VPN and traffic monitoring.

Are they vulnerable too..??

To work remotely without any human interfare, VPN server in routers are the best and most convininet way to enter your desired network.

That is what I needed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 7

Related Articles