Blocking Device Doesn't Stop All Internet Traffic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-02 12:49:09
Tags: #Parental Control #Blocking
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.7 Build 20230323 Rel. 74101

Even when I blocked a device completely from the internet, some websites still get through. For example: YouTube, Netflix, and CNN. This happens even after restarting, clearing the browser cache, history, and cookies, clearing the OS cache, and turning off MAC rotation. It also seems to happen on Windows, though, as all my Linux machines (Android included), respect the block. Please advise.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Blocking Device Doesn't Stop All Internet Traffic
2023-07-19 10:59:07

@WiredBackhaul 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

A new firmware has been relased for Deco X90 V1, and have you tried to update to the latest Deco X90(EU)_V1_1.2.2 Build 20230611

How to Update the Firmware of Deco(method 2 via web UI).

However, if the issue still existed, could you please help me test the following details:

1. Did this issue happen to multiple different devices, or only on certain client?

2. Please disable IPV6 under Deco APP>More>Internet connection to see whether it made any difference.

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Blocking Device Doesn't Stop All Internet Traffic
2023-08-12 01:51:48 - last edited 2023-08-12 01:53:05

@David-TP 

I have this same issue, but specially with the Kasa smart plugs. I have ipv6 disabled to the internet. When I block the internet with a parental control profile, I can still control them over my cell connection via the Kasa app. Wi-Fi is a deco XE5300 on the latest version. 

What does block really block?  Http? Not UDP for example?

Options