Completely Wrong Software Reports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-03 06:46:42
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Good morning.

The software is always showing wrong values, it might for example say 6 nodes of P9 are disconnected while they are working and white, then it will say that some are online only, it might show that the Node X for example is offline and at the same time clients connected to the X. Clients, speed indication and online status all fail.

We do installation for customers and a lot of them with this model has issues, another P9 dosn'i communicate with PLC at all, (obviously tried on different sites and without power strips or different electrical subpanels).

Those models hasnt been updated for 3 years...

Please let us know what we need to do.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Completely Wrong Software Reports
2023-07-04 06:15:40

@akapal Hi, nice to see you again.

For the device status issues on the Deco APP,  you could refer to this link to help us submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

There hasn't been any updated news about the new firmware release plan for Deco P9. Currently, if there are some issues with the Powerline Backhaul on P9, it is suggested to refer to the following suggestions:

Improve Powerline Backhaul on Deco P9

If nothing improved, please feel free to send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the subject [Forum ID]412668 Improve Powerline Backhaul on Deco P9

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2023-07-04 06:48:39 - last edited 2023-07-04 06:50:11

@David-TP hello david.

do you think any article can resolve this issue that i attach picture here?

obviously this is to be fixed by your part, this is just an example of many issues from the p9 model...

you might not want to update an old model and thats ok, but i dont believe it must be bricked also, what is gonna happen with older models around the world without updates? they all gonna become slowly bricks?

take a look at this online and offline at the same time issue, one of the many they have

Options
2023-07-04 07:52:00

@akapal 

Hi, Thanks for the fast reply. I think you might need to help me submit the APP logs to the engineers. it might be another case of a bad interaction between Deco APP and cloud service. Most of the previous feedback is about the discrepancy between the device status on Deco APP and the hardware(the solid white light). But now, it is a paradox of the Deco APP itself. And I am sorry that I didn't find any article which might help with your current issue.

I do hope I have an answer to the question about old models' upgrades. But it is not up to the technical support. Replacement service is guaranteed if the device bricks within the warranty. Other than that, we would try our best to find you a workaround or forward your case to the engineers for further suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 3

Related Articles