Vpn client connected but unable to access any network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-04 06:41:14 - last edited 2023-07-04 06:44:03
Tags: #VPN
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

Hello everyone,

I'm seeking assistance with troubleshooting a recent firmware update that enabled the VPN client on my Deco device. Here's an overview of the issue:

I have a VPN server running on a Synology NAS, and I can successfully access the different VPN configurations (PPTP or L2TP/IPSec) from my iPhone, Mac, or Windows devices without any problems. However, when attempting to set up the connection on my Deco device, I encountered the following results:

1. PPTP: Deco is able to establish a connection.
  2. OpenVPN: Deco is able to establish a connection.
  3. L2TP/IPSec: Deco shows "Connecting" but is unable to set up a connection.

Even when the connection is successfully established, any device added to the "Access Permission" -> "Client List" on the Deco device is unable to access the internet.

Prior to switching to Deco, I had an AX21 router with a built-in VPN client. With that router, I was able to use PPTP VPN and selectively allow certain devices to utilize the VPN connection without encountering any issues. (L2TP/IPSec also not working)

I would appreciate guidance on further troubleshooting steps. Thank you.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Vpn client connected but unable to access any network
2023-07-04 08:18:25

@BarneyH 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Please change the Deco WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 per link:

And is the Synology NAS also connected to Deco?

As for Archer AX21, do you mean only the PPTP VPN client works, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec did not work either?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-04 18:14:53

@David-TP Thanks for replying to me.

I followed the instruction from https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1855/ to manual assign primary/secondary dns, but the result remain the same. The device that I put into the Access list is still unable to access internet but can use the Deco App. Are there other tips that I cantry?

For the Synology NAS, it is not connect to Deco and is located in another location. 

For the AX21, I have only tried PPTP and L2tp/IPSec, and yes only PPTP is working. L2TP/IPSec stuck in "Conntecting"

Thank you.

Options
2023-07-05 07:25:36

@BarneyH 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I would like to forward your case to the engineers for further assistance. Please refer to the email for more suggestions.

Best regards.

Options
2023-12-25 16:16:41
Did you ever get this working? I'm facing the exact same issue with my PX50
Options
2023-12-26 06:28:02

Hello @MMBB, I got a firmware update fixed the issue for PPTP, but L2TP/IPSec is still not working on my end.

Options