Tapo T310 missing temperature automation triggers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-06 05:53:03
Model: Tapo T310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 2 lizard vivarium and I'm using the T310 temperature sensors to monitor the internal temperature and turn on/off a P100 plug controlling a heater when the temperature goes above/below trigger temperatures. I have these setup as automations in the Tapo app.

Unfortunately there are frequent times when the temperature exceeds or falls below the automation triggers as the automation doesn't kick in. It's set to Always and the triggers are just temp based. My assumption is that if the trigger point is missed for any reason (poor network connection?) then the automation never kicks in despite the temperature being above/below the automation triggers. This is becoming dangerous to my lizards as it needs me to constantly monitor it.

Any help please?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo T310 missing temperature automation triggers
2023-07-07 01:59:36

@newjamie 

Yeppppppppp! same problem, check my latest thread.

Not good enough from tp-link.

Options
Re:Tapo T310 missing temperature automation triggers
2023-07-12 06:54:49

@newjamie

Can you share the automation rules you have created? How many automation rules have you set up and what are the specific contents?

Please be more specific about the temperature changes you mentioned. Are the temperatures consistently increasing or decreasing? Or do they fluctuate between rising and falling intermittently?

Network instability may cause delays in T310's ability to retrieve temperature or humidity changes, resulting in ineffective smart actions. If you have experienced network disconnections, try to reboot the Tapo hub to reconnect the sensor. Or reboot the router to ensure the Tapo hub connects to the Internet successfully. 

For more information regarding the issues related to Tapo temperature and humidity sensor (T310/T315) automation not functioning properly, you can refer to this Solution. 

Smart Action: T310/T315 Temperature or Humidity Automation Doesn't Take Effect

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options