Deco updates for M5 do not appear in Spain since 1.6.5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 16:13:43
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.1

Dear @TP-Link team,

is there a reason why last firmware version (1.7.1) for Deco M5 units does not show in spanish version of the TP-Link Deco M5 website (it says that the last version is 1.6.5, regardless of the hw version) nor at any update request done from the mobile App or from the Main Deco 'check for updates' website (it says everything is up-to-date) ?

I am managing three Deco M5 based home installations (supporting my family!) and in none of the cases there is further updates from 1.6.5. However:

- I understand current Deco firmware M5 is 1.7.1 (not BETA)

- It is visible from the Deco website once swtiched to English

- Just in case it might not be for Spain, clearly the firmware version 'M5 1.0_en_1.7.1 Build 20230608 Rel. 74023_US_EU_JP_AU_CA_TW_B4_ID_UK_SW_EG_up' indicates it is for the EU market (therefore Spain)

I had to install them manually, downloading the firmware and installing it from the local website of each Deco (everything worked fine).

Is there anything I am missing ?

Best regards!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco updates for M5 do not appear in Spain since 1.6.5
2023-07-10 19:40:24

@aspaviento I have exact this issue with my Deco X50. 

aspaviento wrote

Dear @TP-Link team,

is there a reason why last firmware version (1.7.1) for Deco M5 units does not show in spanish version of the TP-Link Deco M5 website (it says that the last version is 1.6.5, regardless of the hw version) nor at any update request done from the mobile App or from the Main Deco 'check for updates' website (it says everything is up-to-date) ?

I am managing three Deco M5 based home installations (supporting my family!) and in none of the cases there is further updates from 1.6.5. However:

- I understand current Deco firmware M5 is 1.7.1 (not BETA)

- It is visible from the Deco website once swtiched to English

- Just in case it might not be for Spain, clearly the firmware version 'M5 1.0_en_1.7.1 Build 20230608 Rel. 74023_US_EU_JP_AU_CA_TW_B4_ID_UK_SW_EG_up' indicates it is for the EU market (therefore Spain)

I had to install them manually, downloading the firmware and installing it from the local website of each Deco (everything worked fine).

Is there anything I am missing ?

Best regards!

Options
2023-07-11 03:32:57

@JanRekenaar  @aspaviento 

Hi, for the 1.7.1 of Deco M5, or the latest firmware for other Decos, at the first stage of firmware release, it hasn't been pushed to all users and a part of the users would detect the firmware first. So it is normal that some users are unable to detect the latest firmware on the Deco APP. If everything is going on well, The firmware will gradually come to full release in the next few weeks.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-23 15:51:39

Thank you @David-TP. I can see indeed the rollout has started in Spain in the past days. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 681

Replies: 3

Related Articles