Parental control settings limitations?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-12 10:22:59 - last edited 2023-07-13 07:39:56
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.7.0 0.9.1 v0075.0 Build 200616 Rel. 36749n

Hi there, I'd like to set up two things and I'm not sure wheather this works with th tp link menu or not.

Firsty it'd be nice to have multiple rules per device. For insctance a general block for specific sites like TikTok and a scheduled block in the nights for YouTube. I noticed that this block rules can only be set up for specific devices. So setting up the same device with a different rule would lead to: "there a conflict with another hostdevice" is that normal and no circumventing this? Even If this would work is there he possibility to set different content filters for different devices?

Secondly I noticed that I can not login with the devices on which I switched on the parental control filter. Is there a way to do this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Parental control settings limitations?-Solution
2023-07-13 02:28:39 - last edited 2023-07-13 07:39:56

@heilrichst 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. The Content Restriction for the parental control function is the same for all devices under parental controls, thus there is only one rule for one device. The only difference is that you could set different effective time for those devices under parental controls.

2. Usually the parental control is used for kids' device, and the devices under parental controls are not allowed to access the router web interface, or they will be able to modify or disable the parental control when they found they are limited by the prarental control.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental control settings limitations?-Solution
2023-07-13 02:28:39 - last edited 2023-07-13 07:39:56

@heilrichst 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. The Content Restriction for the parental control function is the same for all devices under parental controls, thus there is only one rule for one device. The only difference is that you could set different effective time for those devices under parental controls.

2. Usually the parental control is used for kids' device, and the devices under parental controls are not allowed to access the router web interface, or they will be able to modify or disable the parental control when they found they are limited by the prarental control.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Parental control settings limitations?
2023-07-13 07:06:51

@Sunshine 

ok thank you than I have clarity now. Well I know the reason why they restrict access to the tp link menu for the kids devices. But as the firewall settings lack I tried to restrict specific sites for all devices with the parental control instead. I see no other solution for that . And than having no access to the menu would be super bad.

Options
2023-09-24 05:41:35

Dear  @Sunshine 

can you also please help me with my problem?

it is about a month that none of my parental control profiles are working.

i have restart the device but no use. I suspects that it happened after a recent firmware update on my device, ARCHER AX50

Options
2023-09-25 09:41:31

Rezeme wrote

Dear  @Sunshine 

can you also please help me with my problem?

it is about a month that none of my parental control profiles are working.

i have restart the device but no use. I suspects that it happened after a recent firmware update on my device, ARCHER AX50

@Rezeme 

Hi, for AX50 parental control issue, please refer to the solution in this thread: HomeCare Parental Control & QoS Suddenly Stopped Working

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 4

Related Articles