Carrier Aggregation or 4G+ doesn’t work properly on LTE Advanced Router

Carrier Aggregation or 4G+ doesn’t work properly on LTE Advanced Router

64 Reply
Re:Carrier Aggregation or 4G+ doesn’t work properly on LTE Advanced Router
2023-10-26 11:53:54

Is this issue still ongoing? Want to purchase a mr600 v3 but won't until the CA issues are resolved.

Options
2023-10-26 16:09:26

@Smartmove  It would appear that nothings fixed yet. I'm still operating on beta software  for version 1. Haven't seen any firmware updates for version 2 or 3 that sorted it out. 

Options
2023-10-26 16:11:59

@Smartmove They haven't updated V3's firmware in almost a year, and they know this issue has been happening for ages now but do nothing about it. Spend your money elsewhere, this brand does not deserve a single dime.

Options
2023-10-29 02:15:31

@Sunshine and  @TP_LINK support, could you pls explain why this issue has still not been fixed?

For me it has been more than 6 months since I have first been in direct contact with your support team by private email, and others seem to have reported the issue some 3 years ago or so. If necessary pls coordinate with Qualcomm on the X12 side, if that causes the issues. And it would be helpful if you can also provide an OpenWRT or DD-WRT version.

Unless this gets fixed quickly I obviously cannot recommend to anyone to buy any TP-Link hardware - it is a waste of time and money. It seems much better to use an old smartphone as a permanent hotspot, or buy a proper 4G+ router (e.g. Netgear LBR20), or even 5G (e.g. Mikrotik Chateau) - even though they cost more, in the end you save money if you apply an hourly rate to your own time spent on trying to find solutions for the MR600...

Options
2023-10-29 11:53:41

@MobileRouter 

problem that cant be solved 😂😂

better buy Huawei (black mamba) 4g with CA 💪💪💪 my gaming experience is great, unlike this tplink mr600👎👎👎

Options
2023-11-06 17:36:03

Ask the ISP about the band combinations the SIM card supports. Then, make sure it matches the LTE Advanced Router. Look at the product's specification page to see the supported bands and Carrier Aggregation band combinations.

Options
2023-11-06 17:58:41

@Jeebrinternet45 Using a SIM card from a mobile provider rather than an ISP rather limits what they can do or want to do to assist.

You make a fair point though and it was something i looked at quite carefully early on. In the end it came back to firmware and the most practical step was to roll back the firmware which worked for me.

In the end, I sold my Router on Ebay and have moved to Virgin Media. So far, it's proved to be the best thing I could have done. 

Options
2023-11-06 18:17:06

@Jeebrinternet45 I have done the necessary with the ISP . They even sent me a different make router that supports CA and it works perfectly. The problem with the TP link MR 600 is that CA works but two things happen firstly the 4G led switches constantly on and off about 2 sec intervals . At the same time the log file shows the switching between Lte and Lte plus relecting the two sec switching and fills up the log file within a few minutes. The advanced status screen will show 4G+ switching to 4G following the 4G+ LEd switching on and off. Now this happens with the latest versions of firmware for v1 v2 and V3 of the router. the original firmware the 4G+ led is stable and no swamping of the log files. To go back on the v1 brings back the original errors with the firmware and if you have V1 there were many and many single betas issued to correct these errors in a piecemeal fashion. Then last year September a beta that included all the corrected firmware betas was issued promising that an official would be offered. It was this beta that introduced the strange 4G+ switching which was passed onto V2 and V3 firmware upgrades. Its this strange switching users want fixed as it has to be a firmware error but we cant get TP to resolve it. We know it can be stable but somehow TP won't spend any time to resolve it

Options
2023-11-17 16:00:35

@Sunshine 

im facing the exact same issue after the Jio 5g sim issue fix, carrier aggregation keeps losing and only when I do Speedtest the CA kicks in and this is really annoying as during meetings the 4g+ won't trigger and gives less speeds and this was not the issue in earlier firmwares, I have tested the same sim in same place in other 4g devices and the 4g+ remains constant , please fix this issue

carrier : jio

India 

postpaid sim 

Options
2023-11-18 15:15:33

Surajgowda wrote

please fix this issue

lol

Options