Oneplus 6 device saying "No Internet" after Router firmware update. But will sometimes re-connect.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Oneplus 6 device saying "No Internet" after Router firmware update. But will sometimes re-connect.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-16 11:37:10
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The main issue is my Oneplus 6 device is all of a sudden saying "No Internetbut all other devices in the house are fine.

I have a TP-Link AX1800 combined with a Deco S4 as a mesh wifi.
We are with Virgin Media ISP  (and based in London)

It's been fine the last year.

I updated the AX1800 firmware yesterday and no idea if  coincidence or Virgin media issues, but slow speeds and my Oneplus 6 device now not connecting to the Deco Mesh.

I cant even check the Deco app, but at the same time my mobile might randomly connect to the wifi again.
I managed to have the latest updates on the Deco app also.

For some reason (maybe a glitch?), I had to res-setup the deco meshes again, and after some weird connecting, switching wifi's etc, it's reverted (?) back to the normal setup.

Basically what is going on?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Oneplus 6 device saying "No Internet" after Router firmware update. But will sometimes re-connect.
2023-07-19 12:13:06

@Cozzie123 

Hi, Are you still experiencing the same issue now?

As for the TP-link AX1800, is it Archer AX21? Since it is also a wifi router, do you set Deco S4 into Access Point mode?

And have you used the same SSID on both AX1800 and Deco S4?

If possible, you could temporarily unplug all the S4 units and confirm the main router AX1800 is working properly and providing a great speed.

Then, put Deco S4 back and set it into Access point mode.

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Oneplus 6 device saying "No Internet" after Router firmware update. But will sometimes re-connect.
2023-07-20 08:08:41 - last edited 2023-07-20 08:16:16

Hi David,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to update you on the situation.
I have the  Archer AX20 FYI.

The day I sent the original message, I managed to resolve the issue I was experiencing and got everything working properly.
It required a re-setup of my Deco Meshes (randomly), but this time, it was able to recognize the same SSID, so I didn't have to reconnect all my devices to a new one. That was a relief since I had faced difficulties  with "cant use the same SSID" when I tried it 15 mins earlier).

Your message was a great reminder for me as well. I realized that I had mistakenly set the Deco Mesh router mode instead of  AP mode.
After making the necessary changes, I decided to give it a day to see if the issues persisted.

However, it seems like problems have resurfaced today, and I suspect that a recent update or firmware might be causing them?? (as I updated the firmware via the app 2-3 days ago and since then the issues have been occuring).

It's a random stringent of issues:

My mobile (OnePlus 6) keeps connecting and disconnecting from the Deco mesh, leading to intermittent or no internet connection.
Unfortunately, I can't currently check the firmware version due to the connection issues, but the app indicated that "Deco meshes are up to date" during a random reconnection.
In an attempt to troubleshoot, I unplugged all 3 Deco mesh units and reconnected them one by one, starting from the main one connected via Ethernet to my Router.

But as we speak now at 9:08 AM, my mobile has re-connectd, but the Deco app "cant find Deco"....
Yet 15 minutes later, it's on the main home page, but cant recognise 2 decos, even though 3 are online with solid white light.!!!!

I'm feeling a bit frustrated and lost at this point. 

Any advice or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your ongoing support.

Best regards,

Options