Can the MR6400 be restarted by SMS? If not, which similar model can?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-17 12:46:08
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm researching which wifi 4G router to get, these are the features I'd like to have:

• Wifi router
  • 4G SIM card slot
  • Ethernet cable plugs (at least 3)
  • Port forwarding
  • Static IP assignment to connected devices based on MAC address
  • Restart by SMS

The router will be used exclusively via the SIM card, there will be about 3-4 devices connected by wifi and at most 3 connected by ethernet cables. Port forwarding and static IP assignment to connected devices based on MAC address seems like straighforward, but the last feature seems non-trivial: I'd like to be able to control it to some extent by SMS messages, at least to have it restart / reboot via SMS.

The TL-MR6400 seems like a good fit for the first 5 points but restarting by SMS is not stated on the product sheet, so I'm not sure. Can it do that?

If not, which model has this feature?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can the MR6400 be restarted by SMS? If not, which similar model can?
2023-07-18 02:26:22

@Fetchinson 

Hi, I am afraid MR6400 and other TP-Link LTE routers cannot be restarted by SMS, how about reboot schedule which allows users to set a specific time to reboot automatically.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 425

Replies: 1

Related Articles