Guest network is still available despite being disabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-18 19:30:01
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

Dear @TP-Link team,

my home network has as a Main Deco a Deco M9 Plus, version 1.0, 1.6.1 Build 20230403 Rel. 70058.

When enabling Guest network everything works fine and guests are able to connect to this new network, however after disabling it (that is, setting it 'Off') I can see that the network is still on (two days have passed ...), despite having deactivated the network from the App. Indeed, through the web version I can see that the deco unit thinks that the guest network is off (2.4GHz Wireless: Enable:Off, 5GHz-1 Wireless: Enable:Off, 5GHz-2 Wireless: Enable:Off) however the guest network is perfectly visible and reachable.

Thanks,

Alberto

Options
5 Reply
Re:Guest network is still available despite being disabled
2023-07-19 03:50:55

@aspaviento 

Hi, Have you tried to restart the whole mesh system once and check whether the "Guest network" would disappear and show up again?

If yes, could you please enable the guest network again and change a different SSID and disable it again to see whether it would show up again in a new name?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-23 15:50:50

Hi  @David-TP , after restarting the Main Deco (only) the Guest network disappears. No other change works since disabling and enabling makes to lose any name change. 

Options
2023-07-28 07:24:45

Dear @TP-Link team, any workaround on this ?

From your suggestions, I cannot choose the name of the Guest network before having to turn on, and turning off makes the name change to reset.

Therefore, currently there is no way to make the guest network, once activated, to make it disappear without rebooting, meaning that functionality like choosing the time the network will be on is useless.

What is next ?

Many thanks!

Options
2023-07-31 12:29:26

@aspaviento 

Hi, sorry, I must miss your reply.

Were you able to stably reproduce this issue:

The Guest Network would not be disabled immediately after deactivating it on the Deco APP unless a reboot is performed later.

Since I did not have Deco M9 Plus yet and only tested with Deco X68 on firmware 1.2.1, the guest network worked as expected.

And could you please also help me submit the Deco APP log here:

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Wait for your reply.

Options
2023-07-31 13:21:22

Hi  @David-TP ,

yes I stably reproduced the issue. The Guest Network is never disabled after deactivating it on the Deco APP. Only a reboot is effective. From your original suggestions, changing it to a different SSID does not solve the problem, although yes it shows with a different name (that cannot be disabled). 

I will try to submit the APP log asap.

Thanks.

Options