Enabling IPv6 causes me to lose internet access.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-19 04:52:08 - last edited 2023-07-23 05:26:09
Tags: #IPv6
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230603

Hello, I just got a new router today (TP-Link Archer AX55) and if I try to enable IPv6 on it, I lose internet access, and in order to get internet back, I have to turn it off, if you want to see the configuration options in order to better help me, you can go to my router's emulator: https://emulator.tp-link.com/Archer_AX55v1_US-EU-CA-TW-JP_simulator_20220113/Archer_AX55v1_US_simulator_20220113/index.html

My ISP is Etisalat, and I used to have IPv6 enabled on my older router and it was fine.

Edit: I just switched back to the router my ISP gave me, and now everything is fine.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Enabling IPv6 causes me to lose internet access.
2023-07-20 01:58:43

Hello @Waseem-Sibai 

Please go through the following FAQ to review all the IPv6 basic settings on the AX55:
How to set up an IPv6 Internet connection on the Wi-Fi Routers

If the connection still fails, please ensure you have activated the IPv6 service with Etisalat, then verify the information below:
1. What is your network topology, is Etisalat modem -- AX55?
2. Is the IPv4 connection on the AX55 good or not? What is the WAN IP address of it?
3. Is the IPv6 connection type the same as IPv4? What is it?

Thank you very much.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-20 10:19:58

Hello @Kevin_Z,

Thank you for replying. I have visited the webpage you linked and have followed the instructions, but my issue remains unsolved. My case is case number 2.

Answers to your question:

1. I am not entirely sure by what you mean by saying "network topology," are you asking about the white box Etisalat set up in my house, which is connected to my router, so that I can access the internet?
  2. My IPv4 connection on the AX55 is good. Sorry, but I don't exactly understand why you need my IP address, I am not sure whether it is safe to share it or not.
  3. Sadly, I asked my ISP (Etisalat), and their agents don't even know the answer, they said they will send a technician to my house because they can't "check" from their end. Clearly, they don't know what IPv6 is. I told them I don't want a technician coming to my house, because it's very useless, and the technician wouldn't even be able to figure the answer solely by coming to my house. However, I do know that my IPv4 connection type is PPPOE.
Options
2023-07-21 05:58:35

@Waseem-Sibai 

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear when asking for more details. 

When setting up IPv6 on the wireless router, we need to be sure that you have been provided IPv6 access by Etisalat. It's suggested to work with their technicians first to make sure that you do have IPv6 access, then we can troubleshoot if there is an issue with the settings on the AX55 router.

I've sent you an email to follow up if you need to further troubleshoot with the AX55.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-21 06:29:04

Hello @Kevin_Z,

My ISP (Etisalat) does provide IPv6 access. On my previous router, Etisalat also was my ISP, and I had IPv6 access.

However, I think I found a solution. Basically, I went to my old router's configuration page for IPv6 and took a screenshot, here it is:

Based on these settings, can you go to my router's emulator IPv6 settings and apply settings equivalent to these on the emulator, and then take a screenshot of them and send me it? I tried doing it myself but it didn't work, so I just want to make sure I applied the correct settings by looking at what you applied.

Thanks for the help.

Options
2023-07-21 07:34:45

@Waseem-Sibai 

Sorry, I cannot access your router, but can you please try logging into the web GUI of the AX55 and using the same settings to observe if it will connect?

You can also show me the screenshot of the AX55 IPv6 configuration page if it fails. Thank you.

Options
2023-07-21 09:50:47 - last edited 2023-07-21 09:51:04

Hello @Kevin_Z,

This is not my actual router, this is an emulator, if you get asked for a login password, type in anything, it will log you in.

Options
2023-07-22 08:24:42 - last edited 2023-07-22 08:25:11

Hello @Kevin_Z,

Here are the settings that I think are the correct settings, but when applied, I lose internet access.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1169

Replies: 7

Tags

Related Articles