ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
134 Reply
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230720 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on July 21st, 2023)
2023-07-26 11:39:39

@ceejaybassist I had the 2.2 firmware and it worked fine but I also have found this 2.1.4 to be buggy as!

it just randomly reboots if you change a setting sometkmes.

i changed I think a bandwidth control limit and boom internet down 5 minutes later!  So slow to boot this ER605!

And again that QoS nonsense needs to be able to set a minimum reservation none of this “must be devided out evenly and limits everything nonsense”.

I would like that 2.2 firmware back I had no stability issues wth that atleast.  And where is the OC 5.11 stuff?

Options
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230720 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on July 21st, 2023)
2023-07-26 12:16:45
Yeah. Too many issues. I can't help but compare them with Ubiquity. After the failed 5.11 for hardware, I think it's safe to say that the re-release of the hardware controller's firmware may take a while.
Options
2023-07-27 03:50:12 - last edited 2023-07-27 03:56:37

@Hank21 I didn't face any DHCP issues in this build.

The latency seems to be high.

Sometimes, website would take forever to load with IPv6. So, I had to disable IPv6.

Online detection sometimes randomly sets WAN as offline even though under network > WAN is showing as connected. So I had to press disconnect and connect to manually switch back to WAN from WAN 1.

Bandwidth control has issues with long boot time. I had to put it recovery mode and reset everything to resolve slow boot time (I didn't touch bandwidth control after that).

Will SQM (cake or codel) be implemented anytime soon? 

P. S: I'm using this build in standalone mode without any VPN

Options
2023-07-27 07:33:12

Hi @MrHC1983 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you replicate all of the issues you described? What's your controller version?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-28 02:24:20 - last edited 2023-07-31 00:20:48

@Clive_A 

Can I ask how long as the OC200 and ER605 been out now?  Because I feel like this stuff is less then a year old in terms of the hardware/software.......  It's so damn buggy, missing stuff....... like is this a garage job.....  

I'm confused.  I wish I'd gone Ubiquity now.... but maybe not probably not much better if at all.

The OC200 should work in tandum with the rest........ the software versions are all mismatched, the features ........ like ER605 2.14 does bandwidth control work now?....  I feel like thats not working.

DHCP Static not providing custom DNS if I wanted that, QoS is just a joke.....  it's a full lock of speed not a min request etc.

UPDATE:  I ended up rolling my firmware back to 2.1.3 as the 2.1.4 kept randomly rebooting....  

Options
2023-07-31 01:13:05

Hi @MrHC1983 

I don't have any information about the firmware release or can guarantee any release date. This depends on the dev team.

I have not received much feedback on this beta about the random reboot. I'll keep an eye on this issue as well.

If you are interested, you can let me know your controller version and more details about the random reboot.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-31 03:19:05

Hi @ceejaybassist 

Can you describe more about the "freeze" and "reboot" thing in your reply?

How do you determine it freezes? It reboots, is your Internet access affected? Do you monitor its light status and find out this reboot by the light changes?

Would appreciate it if you can give more details about this.

Options
2023-07-31 03:24:17 - last edited 2023-07-31 03:25:48

@Clive_A The sys led suddenly stops blinking (stays on), the internet also stops working, then after 5 secs, it reboots. I know it rebooted coz only the power led is on.

Options
2023-07-31 03:50:23

Hi @ceejaybassist 

Thanks for mentioning more details.

Can you provide the current firmware of your controller? Please keep your ER605 on V2.1.4 beta and I'll help you escalate this case.

Moreover, how often does it happen? Is it purely random, with no pattern at all?

Please prepare and export your running log and backup file for further diagnosis from our senior engineers.

Options
2023-07-31 03:54:07

Hi @ceejaybassist 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230753288, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options