AX72 Easymesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX72 Easymesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX72 Easymesh
AX72 Easymesh
2023-07-22 15:51:01
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230626 rel.36899(5553)

So happy to see the latest software update for the Archer AX72 now includes Easymesh. One question I have is how to use the USB function on the satellite unit not just the main router. I am using 2x Archer AX72 and easily set them up including Ethernet backhaul however there is no provisions in the setting for the USB port function on the satellite unit.  Is this functionality lost or is a further software update due?

Webpage access is also not possible for the satellite AX72 with error "

Rejected request under RE mode." Is this an actual error or is web access not functional on the satellite. 
Options
4 Reply
Re:AX72 Easymesh
2023-07-22 16:50:50

@KARS1962 

Once you add a router in EasyMesh satellite mode, its WebGUI access will be restricted and iis settings are not available since it is already managed by the main router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-07-24 08:28:11

@KARS1962 

You should be able to access the HDD plugged into the USB port of the EasyMesh satellite router.

If you have already purchased the router, you can test that by connecting an HDD to the USB port and trying to access it via the devices that connect to the network.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-07-24 09:05:40

@Liverpool20 

Liverpool20 wrote

@KARS1962 

You should be able to access the HDD plugged into the USB port of the EasyMesh satellite router.

If you have already purchased the router, you can test that by connecting an HDD to the USB port and trying to access it via the devices that connect to the network.

I would have thought so too. However, using an AX72 as a satellite there is no way to configure the USB port. The web interface is disabled as the unit of managed by the main and there is no USB setting in tether for the satellite USB Port. 

Options
2023-07-24 09:48:01

@KARS1962 

Yes, you're right. As replied by terziyski that you can no longer manage the satellite router by accessing its web interface. But what I mean is you can directly access the USB device by Samba or FTP. 

For example, on your Windows computer, press Windows key +R, then type in \\192.168.0.x (the IP of the satellite router), then you should be able to access the USB shares. You can find the exact IP address of the satellite router on the main router's EasyMesh Device List.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 816

Replies: 4

Related Articles