Access Control List - Can't select direction LAN->WAN/LAN1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access Control List - Can't select direction LAN->WAN/LAN1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Access Control List - Can't select direction LAN->WAN/LAN1
2023-07-31 01:53:22

Hi @Andres123 

I believe that's the case. The controller is required to stay online 24/7 to maintain certain features and functions that are requiring interaction between the controller and the clients.

Some features do not require the controller to be running all the time. You can try this out first. I remember that ACL is not required to be 24/7 online.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-11 04:58:51

@Clive_A 

I'm back with a new server running the Omada Software Controller!

Just a question, in the standalone version of the router I could create IP groups with ranges, however in the Omada Controller version I don't see that option, is it hidden somewhere?

Thanks!

Options
2023-08-11 07:07:12

@Andres123 

Here you go:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-08-11 15:40:58

@Clive_A Thanks!

I saw that but there is no IP range :(

I can use submasks but it is not the same :(

Is there another way to specify an IP range?

Options
2023-08-14 08:50:29

Hi @Andres123 

Then it's unfortunate that the controller does not support it. Under the controller mode, you can only set the subnet.

Options
2023-08-15 00:07:47

@Clive_A Thanks!

Oh that is so bad, just to exclude a single IP I have to make 64 subnets, with 2 hosts for each one, it means that 2*64=128 IPs are wasted for subnet ID and broadcast.

In the other side if I make 2 subnets I will have 125 IPs wasted because I will not use them.

Isn't there a more easy way?

Thanks Clive!

Options