Network instability in BE85 mesh network

Network instability in BE85 mesh network

32 Reply
Re:Network instability in BE85 mesh network
2023-10-05 02:10:47

@David-TP 

I am also running into the same issues.  To the extent this is helpful, adding some additonal data points.

For Internet, running AT&T Fiber through BGW320-500. IP passthrough to Firewalla Purple.

For router, using a Firewalla Purple.  Had both this and BGW in place with another WIFI system prior to going wiith Deco 85.

Using Deco 85 as an access point.

I've tested extensively, and the errors only occur when I go through the Deco 85.  Straight off modem, no issues.  Straight off Firewalla, no issues.

What was interesting is the erros persist even if I go direct through an ethernet port off the Deco.  They are also still there when connect to Wifi.

Per what another user reported, anything Apple is highly suspect to the download connectivity issues.  macOS updates, iOS updates, App Store downloads, etc.  Not exclusive to apple, but attempting to download big files (for example, a previous macos Version) through the macos App store is a pretty reliable indicator as to whether or not there is an issue.

Anyway, doing all my testing before I landed here, I thought the fact that whether it is wired or wireless through the BE85 might be useful in troubleshooting.

I'm running :   
BE85(2.0)
1.0.10 Build 20230815 Rel. 47787

Options
Re:Network instability in BE85 mesh network-Solution
2023-10-10 05:44:13 - last edited 2023-10-10 05:44:17

Update:

Hi All,

The official firmware updates will soon fix this issue. For now, we recommend installing the following beta firmware, which has already resolved the problem;

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/629446

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-10 12:32:14

@David-TP thanks for the update.

I gave up and returned my BE85s because I needed a functional network.

In my opinion, the BE85 should never have been released in this state. Does TP-Link not do any validation or testing before releasing new hardware? It was trivial for me to reproduce the issue and I have no special knowledge of the hardware or access to the software stack.

Selling a broken product and making customers contend with an inability to even download files properly for five months is not how you build trust in a brand or products.

Even if the new firmware fixes the issue, I won't be giving TP-Link another chance anytime soon, if ever.

Options
2023-10-10 12:47:13

@David-TP  Thank you for all of your time and keeping us in the loop.

I wanted to confirm that after running a whole battery of download tests after installing the beta (and then again after the produciton version which showed up on the interface shortly thereafter), I have not seen any issues.  Historically, those tests would fail at a pretty high rate.  I'm only a few hours in, but am highly encouraged.

WIth those failures hopefully in the past, combined with the incredibly high throughput rates that the BE85 is capable of, all signs right now are that the network is working beautifully.

Thanks again for keeping the lines of communication open.  Have a great day!

Options
2023-10-22 15:09:53

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Do you know when the official firmware will be released ?

I'm running with Deco BE85_V1_1.0.11 and have still instabilities and data corruption issues.

Many thanks.

Raphaël

Options
2023-10-23 00:56:29

@raphri 

Hi, Raphaël,

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried to install the beta firmware here to see whether it helped:

Optimize Network Stability and Download issues on Deco BE85/BE95

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-10-23 06:14:30

@David-TP 

Hi David,

Yes it seems to work properly, I will perform some more tests tonight.

Thank you.

Raphaël

Options
2023-10-24 19:02:23

@David-TP 

Hi David,

I performed some additional tests with this beta firmware and I observed no data corruption.

Many thanks.

Raphaël

Options
2023-10-25 09:31:48

@raphri 

Hi, It is good to know that laugh. The bug fix will also be added to the official firmware later. Thank you very much.

Options
2023-11-17 09:38:50

@David-TP 

Do you know if this fix is included in the most recent release, 1.0.13 Build 20230927 Rel. 38826.

The date appears to be after the Beta, however, when I upgraded to this version the network congestion issues returned.  I have since reverted back to the beta, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thank you, sir.

Options