Optimize Network Stability and Download issues on Deco BE85/BE95

2023-10-10 05:41:38 - last edited 2023-12-04 02:23:37

This Article applied to:

Deco BE85_V1/V2;Deco BE95_V1

Issue Description:

When connecting to the Wi-Fi of Deco BE85/BE95, some users might notice general browsing, like video streaming, online calls, etc., work fine, but any large downloads fail at random points. It can sometimes fail to start the download, other times halfway through, or somewhere in between. While the Ethernet Connection from Deco works as expected.

Possible Solutions:

• The official firmware updates have been released to fix this issue and please make sure your firmware is up to date.
Deco BE85_V1_1.0.14
Deco BE85_V2_1.0.14
Deco BE95_V1_1.0.14

How to manually update the firmware via web UI: How to Update the Firmware of Deco.

Options
34 Reply
Re:Optimize Network Stability and Download issues on Deco BE85/BE95
2023-10-10 14:13:53

@David-TP I see that the firmware filenames include "SFE", and based on a belief that these Deco units use Qualcomm SOCs, I'm assuming this stands for Qualcomm's "Shortcut Forwarding Engine" which is meant to accelerate network functions in the Linux kernel.

Does this new firmware disable the acceleration, something else? More technical information would be great ;)

Options
2023-10-11 09:49:13

@ampx 

Hi, Thank you for bringing it up.
I have checked with the engineers and to avoid further confusion, they helped us update the download links.
Regarding your concern about the Shortcut Forwarding Engine, our engineers have indeed implemented optimizations to enhance its functionality and make it more versatile in various scenarios. However, specific details about these modifications are considered non-disclosable at this time.

We truly appreciate your understanding in this matter and your cooperation.
Best regards.

Options
2023-11-07 15:35:41

@David-TP Any ETA on this being released as a public version? I saw a new firmware being available in the Firmware Upgrade page (1.0.13 Build 20230927 Rel. 38826) but it doesn't seem to have the fix, I had to roll back to this beta version. 

Options
2023-11-10 03:55:18

@David-TP  Hello David! 

Thanks for all the information, I see @Byron045 was wondering if and when this beta will be released to the public. I have received the same firmware release as byron has received, but not this one. I seem to be having a lot of the same issues as the other people have been seeing. I work from home and do A LOT of video calls so any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Wade

Options
2023-11-10 10:51:43 - last edited 2023-11-10 10:53:57

@Wade-US 

@Byron045 

Thanks for the notification.

A new official version will be released to the public; however, the 1.0.13 version does not include it yet. While there is no specific release date available, I will keep this post updated with any future news regarding the release.

If you encounter any stability/download issues with the current official firmware, I recommend trying out the beta version here. It could also update to the official firmware direcltly via web UI if needed.

Additionally, it would be great if you could provide feedback on whetther the beta firmware has improved/addressed your current issues. Your input will help me convince the engineers to speed up the firmware release process.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.

Best regards.

Options
2023-11-10 18:47:51

@David-TP @TP-Link The following version was released, however it does not have the fix in place. It is really important to get this fix out there since it affects large downloads and this also breaks some updates such as Microsoft Office, Apple MacOS. The downloads will start and get interrupted after a random threshold.

Beta firmware does fix the issue but it's a beta. A stable release is necessary as soon as possible.

Deco BE85(US)_V2_1.0.13 Build 20230927

Options
2023-11-14 15:44:13

@David-TP 

I'm running the latest firmware Deco BE85(US)_V2_1.0.13 Build 20230927 and can confirm I'm receiving data corruption when transferring files over the network from my NAS. My brother has exact same NAS and mesh routers with same issue.

This needs to be FIXED IMMEDIATELY.   This is unacceptable for the price of this mesh system. 

I'm very close to selling and going with another brand and staying away from TP link.

Fix it please! 

Options
2023-11-14 16:08:44

What is midly infuriating about this issue is that there's a fix identified for a month now and it has not been incorporated into the latest software releases.

This needs to be released as soon as possible, it seriously affects stability when doing data transfers.

Can a hotfix or out of bounds patch be arranged for this?

Also, could you at the very least update the beta so it has the latest official version's fixes? Would the beta be newer than any other public release and thus have all existing improvements? 

I'm asking because the beta is 1.0.9 and the official release is 1.0.13

Options
2023-11-14 21:20:00

@dscharrer would you mind telling me how you did that? I would love to know than i can report back to TPlink my findings. I am not going to sell my stuff as I believe this will get fixed, but would love to give them more informatoin on my issue. 

Options
2023-11-14 22:55:05

@Wade-US 

I tried copying a large volume of rar files (ranging from 2GB to 30GB) from my NAS and when I tried extracting it gives me a volume corrupt error.

My NAS is hardwired 2.5Gbe to the router and my PC was connected via WiFi 6Ghz band.

I also tried copying a large .iso file from my NAS and I was getting errors when trying to install. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3486

Replies: 34

Related Articles