How to connect extender to router if no WPS nor ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-26 21:02:47 - last edited 2023-07-27 00:53:18
Model: TL-WA854RE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2161270000767

It's actually model TL-WA854RE(EU) but the form won't accept that.

The router has no WPS button and the extender has no port to connect an ethernet cable to.

I'm going round in circles trying to make head or tail of the online instructions booklets.

How do I get the extender to connect to / pick up the router signal AND be able to then connect devices to the extender?

The furthest I get is that my computer recognises the extender and says there is signal BUT NO INTERNET CONNECTION.

I have reset the extender and tried in various ways with various devices but no luck - even by turning the router off and on.

How does one connect the exender to a router?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to connect extender to router if no WPS nor ethernet
2023-07-28 09:51:42

@Els-Bells 

Hi, it doesn't matter if your router has no WPS button, you could still use web interface of the extender to connect it to your router, and that process doesn't require internet access at all.

Therefore, please connect your laptop to the default TP-Link extender WiFi, then refer to the following guide to set up the extender:

How to configure my range extender via Web GUI to extend an existing wireless network’s coverage

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3990

Replies: 1

Related Articles