Deco Abnormal WAN Port Speed Message

2023-08-03 07:12:38 - last edited 2023-08-03 07:59:24
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: M5(AU)_V3_1.7.1 Build 20230608

After the latest firmware update the deco continue to display Abnormal WAN Port speed and the download & upload speeds are capped at 94 Mbps. How can I at least downgrade to fix this issue? ISP supports up to 320 Mbps.

I have tried restarting the Main deco (network consists with 2 Decos, both M5 V3), No change. 

Please advise

Thanks 

Options
24 Reply
Re:Deco Abnormal WAN Port Speed Message
2023-08-04 01:58:01

@SHN 

Hi, Would it make any difference if you could replace a new cat 6 cable to connect the modem to the main M5?

Or connect the ISP modem to another Ethernet port on the main M5?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-06 05:08:36
Tried both, no difference. RAN a speed test directly from modem and it's showing 320 Mbps. so no issues with the ISP modem. Deco is stuck at roughly at 100 mbps. This has happened after the latest update.
Options
2023-08-07 12:07:37

@SHN 

Hi, Thanks for the update. I also that you have opened a support ticket with us and later the case will be forwarded to the engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please also refer to this link to switch to a different Deco as the main Deco to see whether the issue continued:

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-25 12:59:02

@David-TP I have having the exact same issues with my deco as well.  Very disappointing as it so starting to cause me work related issues with Zoom and WebEx meetings disconnecting now as well. Having down the same things and getting the same message, there has to be a software bug in the latest code drop. My wife wants to to switch the network out since it is also affecting her work from home days too. 

Options
2023-08-25 20:38:52

@jthyne Try restarting the main deco through the admion console or phone app.

my one fixed itself somehow, but still intermittently it cap the speed at 95 mbps. solution is to restart the deco eveythime it does that.

After a reboot it goes back to normal.

Such a pain in the a*s which affects my work as well.

It's just idotic that we cannot simply downgrade the firmwear to a known good one, I read there's a process to do that which is lenghty & time consuming.

I can't really comprehend what sort of a halfwit of a software developer decided downgrading has to be a tedious process for the customers.

Going forward, just don't buy TP link products. nothing but issues & unstable connection.

Options
2023-09-02 12:55:09 - last edited 2023-09-02 12:58:49

When is there expected to be a fix for this issue? 

I have a 1Gbps connection that is being capped at 95Mbps by the Deco system, it's very frustrating.

I'm using Cat7 cables so that's not the issue, and rebooting the Deco doesn't work for me (not even temporarily) as it appears to do for other users. 

The only temporary solution I have found is to reboot my fibre optical terminal unit, but even then the cap kicked in again a few hours later.

Is it possible to roll back my firmware to the previous version? 

Edit to say that my main Deco is an M9, not an M5, although I do have a couple of M5s on the mesh system (3 M9s and 2 M5s) 

Options
2023-09-02 16:34:31
Plenty counterfeit Cat 6 and Cat 7 cables sold. Find short Cat 5E cable that is few years old, connect M9 with it to router and see if it brings gigabit connection back.
Options
2023-09-02 18:38:42

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for the suggestion but the Cat 7 cable was working just fine until recently. I really don't think the cable is the issue, given many others in this thread are experiencing the exact same issue. 

Options
2023-09-02 20:11:19 - last edited 2023-09-02 20:59:44

@Nenegilly 

I am also speaking from experience. My Deco mesh is two M9 Plus and two M5. Main Deco - M9 Plus. Both M5s are wired and use Ethernet backhaul.

I wired my house over a decade ago with Cat 5E Ethernet cables I've got from very trusted source. It will be three years soon I have Deco mesh at my house. Everything works just fine, with gigabit links. No "Abnormal WAN Port Speed" messages.

Options
2023-09-02 20:18:29

@Alexandre. Replaced the Ethernet cable with a brand new CAT 7 cable last week. Not a cheap one bought it from a trusted source as well. The issue still exists.

There's definitely an issue with the firmware. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4121

Replies: 24

Related Articles