Deco Abnormal WAN Port Speed Message

Deco Abnormal WAN Port Speed Message

24 Reply
Re:Deco Abnormal WAN Port Speed Message
2023-09-02 20:22:34

@Nenegilly @David-TP  This is not an issue with the cable, I have replaced the CAT 7 cable with a brand new one purchased from a reputable retailer (not a cheap one). 

No issues with the modem the same port on the modem provided gigabit speeds when plugged directly into a PC.

The issue still persists.

Most likely this is an issue with the latest firmware. I never had issues until the latest firmware update.

Do you know any time frame until the next update? 

Options
2023-09-05 03:09:53

I am experiencing this issue as well.  I just bought a set of Deco XE-75 Pro routers (and an X50-PoE for one area that has ceiling ethernet only) as what I hoped would be an upgrade of my old Eeros.  Unfortunately, I constantly get the abnormal WAN port speed message and the Decos show absurdly low speeds -- barely any speed at all from my 1 Gbps AT&T fiber modem (which is operating in IP passthrough mode with no wifi of its own).  If I plug in the Eeros, it's immediately back up to full speed.  Any suggestions before I give up and return the Decos?  

Options
2023-09-05 03:13:45

@elobornola Just return them because most of us in this thread are without any solutions. No time frame for a firmware update either.

Just not worth waiting around for this usless product with lack of support. Buy something else. I will do the same in the future.

elobornola wrote

I am experiencing this issue as well.  I just bought a set of Deco XE-75 Pro routers (and an X50-PoE for one area that has ceiling ethernet only) as what I hoped would be an upgrade of my old Eeros.  Unfortunately, I constantly get the abnormal WAN port speed message and the Decos show absurdly low speeds -- barely any speed at all from my 1 Gbps AT&T fiber modem (which is operating in IP passthrough mode with no wifi of its own).  If I plug in the Eeros, it's immediately back up to full speed.  Any suggestions before I give up and return the Decos?  

Options
2023-09-05 03:33:39

@SHN Thanks for the quick reply.  Crazy to see the number of people with this issue and that it wasn't immediately revolved by TP-Link.  Guess I'll move on -- hope you're able to get something that works.

Options
2023-09-05 07:39:21 - last edited 2023-09-05 07:48:06

@elobornola 

Hi, Thanks for your feedback.

I see your model is Deco XE75 pro, not M5.

When you got the error message of the Abnormal speed, did the speed actually get affected?

It is also suggested to refer to this link to see whether your case is like the second one which is quite like a false alarm on the multi-gigabit models.

Abnormal WAN Port Speed. Please Check Your WAN Port Connection

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-05 07:47:41

@SHN 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

the last time we troubleshooted via email, I did remember that you said the issue disappeared after replacing the cables.

So I wonder whether it might start again after a few days.

As mentioned here, this issue is not about a firmware upgrade. It is just that the firmware upgrade has added the new Ethernet Link speed detection feature. On the old firmware, you might still have this issue but it was not able to be reported via Deco APP.

Since you have replaced the cable already and tested with a laptop, I noticed you mentioned a restart could help temporarily, have you tried to replace a different Deco as the main Deco?>>How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-09-09 16:08:27

I am having the exact same issue after the update.  When will this resolve?  I just purchased these so it won't take much to return them and use another brand but I'd rather it be fixed as it is Deco's issue with the update.  Let us know asap when the fix will be complete.

Options
2023-09-24 01:55:59

DECO - IS THERE A FIX TO THIS????  WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO FIX THIS?  WHERE IS THE UPDATE TO FIX?  WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED??  

Options
2023-11-10 14:50:35

@SHN Has anyone been able to resolve this issue, I have the exact same problem constant high speeds all year and now stuck between 89-100.

Options
2023-11-10 22:06:07

@ColU No solution so far, just get a different brand of a mesh wifi system.

Options
Related Articles