Can OneMesh node be connected only to another node or it needs to be in the range of main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can OneMesh node be connected only to another node or it needs to be in the range of main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-04 10:46:31 - last edited 2023-08-07 00:54:31
Model: RE305   Archer AX55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to extend wifi true a large home. I am allready using one mesh system AX55 + two node RE305.

My guestion is, can node be connected only to another node or it needs to be in the range of main router ? 

I want to extend one mesh system to the area where there is no more signal from the main router but only signal from the node RE305.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can OneMesh node be connected only to another node or it needs to be in the range of main router
2023-08-08 06:09:29

@mrkefca 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The expected connection would be:

RE1---Archer AX55----RE2

Since Onemesh exists between Onemesh router and OneMesh extenders, if you want to create a topology like Archer AX55----RE1----RE2, you might need to set up RE305s as normal range extenders, instead of OneMesh extenders.

Or if you tend to update the whole network system later, you could consider our Deco Mesh system, like:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/deco/

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 1

Related Articles