Password not accepted via web browser or app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-06 02:42:24 - last edited 2023-08-23 01:10:42
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've downloaded the app and tried via web browser but the password I have just set up on the app isn't accepted. When I select forgot the password (no, I didn't actually forget it) there's no option to reset the password. So I tried setting up a new profile with a different email address, same outcome. I've also tried using admin as the password and the wifi password, neither one worked. Yes, the light on the extender is on solid, yes, the modem is within a short distance. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Password not accepted via web browser or app-Solution
2023-08-08 03:00:55 - last edited 2023-08-23 01:10:42

@asdflkj 

Hi, welcome to the community.

For the range extender, you might come across the following password:

Tether APP login password: it is associated with your email address and could be reset on the APP login page.

Device login password on the Tether APP or http://tplinkrepeater.net: the default is admin and sometimes it also asked you to customize your own username the first time to set up the extenders. It would be reset via a factory reset on the extenders by holding the reset pinhole for 10s.

Wi-Fi password: It should be the same as the wireless password of your main router. (If you set up RE220 via the WPS button, there is a special case feedback on WPS setup and please refer to this link-Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender or Saying Incorrect Password)

So can I have a screenshot of which page asked for the password for RE220?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Password not accepted via web browser or app-Solution
2023-08-08 03:00:55 - last edited 2023-08-23 01:10:42

@asdflkj 

Hi, welcome to the community.

For the range extender, you might come across the following password:

Tether APP login password: it is associated with your email address and could be reset on the APP login page.

Device login password on the Tether APP or http://tplinkrepeater.net: the default is admin and sometimes it also asked you to customize your own username the first time to set up the extenders. It would be reset via a factory reset on the extenders by holding the reset pinhole for 10s.

Wi-Fi password: It should be the same as the wireless password of your main router. (If you set up RE220 via the WPS button, there is a special case feedback on WPS setup and please refer to this link-Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender or Saying Incorrect Password)

So can I have a screenshot of which page asked for the password for RE220?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 282

Replies: 1

Related Articles