Unable to set password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to set password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unable to set password
Unable to set password
2023-08-10 12:22:13
Tags: #Access Point Mode #Password
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20201112 Rel. 66232

Hello,

Recently I tried to setup my RE650 as an a repeater for an existing WiFi but encountered an a problem where I couldn't connect to the wireless network (the extended one) even though the password is correct, the wired connections worked just fine. So I gave up on the idea and set it as an access point, much easier setup and faster connection, until I faced another issue, I couldn't set passwords for the extended networks 2.4/5G. Every time I set a password it asks me to join the WiFi only to let me know that it's unable to do so a few seconds afterwards.

As of now, the network is open and unsecured but I have work to do so it's kind of an urgent matter.

Thank you in advance for your responses!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to set password
2023-08-11 06:19:20

@whynotash 

Hi, Have you tried to do a factory reset and test it again whether the issue still existed?

Is there any change to RE650 recently, like any firmware update?

Since RE650 is a dual-band extender, have you ever tried to connect to the 2.4Ghz first, then only change the password of 5GHz, then check whether the new password could be saved and 5Ghz could be secured?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 504

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles