Votes

2.4ghz channel width selection 20/40MHz

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread WiFi - Default 20Mhz channel on 2.4Ghz Band. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread WiFi - Default 20Mhz channel on 2.4Ghz Band. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-10 19:19:39 - last edited 2023-08-11 07:57:11
Tags: #Access Point Mode #channel width
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20230420 Rel. 77020

I notice there is the option to change channel width for 5GHz but no option for 2.4GHz and I'm starting to suspect it's causing problems for some devices on my network but can't turn it off to test. The option to limit to a 20MHz channel width on 2.4GHz would be great. Thanks.

Using a third party wifi scanner app confirms the deco uses a 40MHz channel width.

Options
2 Reply
Re:2.4ghz channel width selection 20/40MHz
2023-08-10 19:40:42

Apple also recommends using 20MHz for the 2.4GHz band.

• Set to 20MHz for the 2.4GHz band
  • Set to Auto or all widths for 5GHz and 6GHz bands

Channel width specifies how large of a “pipe” is available to transfer data. Wider channels are faster but more susceptible to interference and more likely to interfere with other devices.

• 20MHz for the 2.4GHz band helps to avoid performance and reliability issues, especially near other Wi-Fi networks and 2.4GHz devices, including Bluetooth devices.
  • Auto or all channel widths for 5GHz and 6GHz bands ensures the best performance and compatibility with all devices. Wireless interference is less of a concern in these bands.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202068

I hope TP-Link gives us the option to choose within the next firmware updates...

Options
Re:2.4ghz channel width selection 20/40MHz
2023-08-10 21:17:21
Yep, saw that Apple document posted on other threads here too. It's weird but I did start having bluetooth audio problems after the mesh was put into service and one phone is always needing to have its wifi turned on and off to get any internet on the mesh. They have been promising this for years by the looks of the other threads but TP link keeps replying with ideological reasons why they won't allow people to have more control in the options.
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 578

Replies: 2

Tags

Access Point Mode
channel width