ER8411 - VLAN setting for WAN1 has lower performance than expected

ER8411 - VLAN setting for WAN1 has lower performance than expected

16 Reply
Re:ER8411 - VLAN setting for WAN1 has lower performance than expected
2023-08-15 05:42:36

Hi @d0ugmac1 

d0ugmac1 wrote

@EmuAGR Excellent work!  Your results are even more interesting than my suggested tests :)

@Hank21 @Fae @Clive Folks, looks like we need a ticket opened here! 

He already owns a ticket in our system and the case is followed up by one of the tech support. I noticed this days ago.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-18 16:26:21 - last edited 2023-08-23 09:29:32

Workaround: I've found that rebooting the router fixes the issue. But saving the WAN1 config, with VLAN enabled, breaks it again. This happens consistently, so the router is capable of making it work, it's a FW issue.

Options
Re:ER8411 - VLAN setting for WAN1 has lower performance than expected-Solution
2023-08-25 09:12:04 - last edited 2023-08-25 09:13:51

Good news!

I was able to test a beta build provided by TP-Link's Support team. It's working as expected and I get the full speed of my "10 Gbps" PPPoE connection (which is around 7-8 Gbps).

In the meantime, the temporary fix is rebooting the router after setting VLAN in the WAN config.

Looking forward to the next public release!

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-24 15:17:16

@Clive_A can you make public the beta that corrects the problem?

Options
2023-09-25 01:04:56

Hi @Nebur692 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

It may take several weeks or months before a firmware is released. I don't have any news that ER8411 will have a public beta recently. It goes through the trial and test phase. Or they'll add a fix to the firmware and send it to the customers directly as a temporary fix for certain groups of users. Now, I cannot say that it'll be fixed in the next public release as I am not following his case directly.

But I believe you can get the early beta by contacting the support team or if you need I can check it up with the senior engineer for this. And create a case for you for the beta link.

If you need anything, @ me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-17 14:39:20

@EmuAGR 

Hello, are you still using your ER8411 with 10G PPPoE connection and VLAN on the WAN interface?

Is the firmware already public? How does the ER8411 handle the connection, are you noticing issues or else? I'm considering to purchase one of these.. Side note, at full throughput is the device very noisy?

Thank you!

Options
Related Articles