Can a faulty Deco shutdown my whole network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-14 08:36:09
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Howdy.

In recent days I've had several network drops, which I first thought was my Internet hub. Then, I realised the only devices we notice it on are ones connected to the P9 mesh - either directly via ethernet or via WiFi. 

I'm going to move some direct to my Virgin Media hub, and if it happens again, I'll be able to see if it's the whole network.

Question is - can a faulty Deco unit cutoff the Internet on devices not connected to the Deco via ethernet or WiFi? Like, does it send a disruption back to the VM Hub?

Kind regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can a faulty Deco shutdown my whole network?
2023-08-15 07:15:31

@ProtoFoe 

Hi, Do you mean whether the VM hub would record/log the disruption that happened only on Deco, or whether the disconnection from Deco will interfere with the network stability of the main VM hub?

If it is the second one, I don't think Deco would be able to interrupt the connection from the VM hub.

As for the first one, if Deco P9 is on Access Point mode, since VM hub is the only DHCP server, you might be able to view some disconnection logs recorded on the VM hub.

For the random disconnection on Deco P9, it is also suggested to refer to the following link:

Improve Powerline Backhaul on Deco P9

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options