Help with Speeds on new Deco Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-23 21:13:07
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20221229 Rel. 72252

I am hoping someone might be able to help me diagnose this problem. I had a TP-Link Archer C7. The signal wasn't quite strong enough to make it into my wife's home office. We figured an upgrade to a mesh network would be the solution. We got the Deco M4. The speeds on wifi near the modem were as fast, if not slightly faster than they were with the C7. However, when we move upstairs, the speeds fall off dramatically. I have one node positioned in a room directly over the main, and one two rooms away. There is no clutter and I have optimized the the network through the app.

Both my wife and I are using Archer AC600 wireless adapters, which worked fine with the C7. Now, however, the internt is unstable. Is the AC600 compatible with the Deco? Is there another setting I need to be going after? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Options