EasyMesh Supported Range Extenders Automatically Synchronize the Router SSID in Certain Cases

EasyMesh Supported Range Extenders Automatically Synchronize the Router SSID in Certain Cases

2023-08-25 01:35:37 - last edited 2024-03-25 02:14:49

This Article Applies to:

RE550_V1

RE305_V4

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

Under certain situations, after upgrading range extenders to the firmware that supports EasyMesh, users might find the Wi-Fi SSID of the extender would automatically synchronize with the router that also supports EasyMesh even though EasyMesh has been disabled on the extender. After manually changing the extender's SSID, it returns to the same name as the main router after a few seconds.

Solutions:

This issue is expected to be fixed in the upcoming official release. Currently, it is suggested to install the following beta firmware if you would like to have a separate Wi-Fi name apart from the host router.

Direct Download Links for Beta Firmware:

RE550_V1

RE550_V1_20230803

RE305_V4

RE305_V4_20230811

If your model is not included, please comment below with the model number of your range extender and the main Wi-Fi router. We could report to the engineers to request a similar firmware if the issue could be confirmed.

During the time of waiting for the beta firmware, you could also downgrade to the previous firmware which does not support EasyMesh as a temporary workaround.

Note: 

1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!

2. How to upgrade the firmware of my range extender (Method two via web management page).

Options
8 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Supported Range Extenders Automatically Synchronize the Router SSID in Certain Cases
2023-09-02 13:49:20

@David-TP tplink not connected.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Supported Range Extenders Automatically Synchronize the Router SSID in Certain Cases
2023-09-06 03:28:50

@mohamed1863 

Hi, It would help if you could add more details, like the model number and any error messages.

The following link would provide some useful suggestions:

Best regards.

Options
2023-10-12 12:37:53

@Janu665544 

Router TIM ZTE H388X and EXtender RE330, i have a problem with unique SSID

Options
2023-10-16 08:24:53

@SilverKnight 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Were you having the same issue here with RE330 when it is connected to TIM ZTE H388X since I see TIM ZTE H388X supports EasyMesh as well?

Currently, there hasn't been a beta firmware for RE330 yet and I would like to follow up on your case via email first.

Please check whether you have received my email.

Best regards.

Options
2023-10-16 08:55:35

@David-TP 

Yes, the problem was the easymesh function active on the router. thanks so much for the support, I solved it.
Options
2023-12-05 07:59:27

Under certain situations, after upgrading range extenders to the firmware that supports EasyMesh, users might find the Wi-Fi SSID of the extender would automatically synchronize with the router that also supports EasyMesh even though EasyMesh has been disabled on the extender. 

Options
2023-12-30 21:54:21

Same goes for RE200. I turned off "Mesh Wi-Fi" in my router so I can keep a seperate SSID in the extenders.

Options
2024-01-25 13:25:44

@SilverKnight Hi: I have a problem with RE450 AC1750 to-link-Extender,unable to find the tp-link failed!

Options