Alarm functions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Alarm functions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Alarm functions
Alarm functions
2023-08-25 14:37:27 - last edited 2023-08-25 15:03:09

I have 3 motion sensors and have just purchased 2 contact (door) sensors. I am more interested in a home alarm system than the smart home stuff. I wanted to set up my devices in ‘zones’ or ‘scenarios’ both for at home and away from home but when I went into the hub ‘explore smart actions’ I was disappointed in my options. In the away from home option I was only given the choice of the 3 motion sensors (m/s from this point), no mention of the door contact sensors (d/c from this point). Next, I looked at the asleep option which only shows the d/c sensors, no mention of the m/s. I expected to see all the sensors and be able to for example have the upstairs m/s on when asleep as I would know nobody would be up there. Also, we have dogs and when selecting the ‘away from home option when the dogs are at home I would like to be able to disable the kitchen m/s by choosing a zone/scenario rather than having to do it individually.

For example when asleep:

scenario1 (no guests) > (upstairs empty) > d/c active, m/s active (upstairs)

Scenario2 (guests) > d/c active, all m/s inactive

Away from home:

Scenario1 (dogs at home) d/c active, all m/s active except kitchen

Scenario2 (dogs not at home) d/c active, all m/s active

Is this possible? Am I missing something?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Alarm functions
2023-08-29 01:30:14

@Mr_Tibbs 

The “Explore Smart Actions” section only shows a few examples of the scenarios that you can achieve with Tapo sensors.

To explore more, please redirect to the App Smart Action section. You can learn more information about this feature here: How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 306

Replies: 1

Related Articles